Any way to make battery icon image update every 10% rather than every 20%?

iamlost87

Reaction score
The "correct folder" is the easy part... now to find which xml to edit. Any extra tidbits sniffles? I'd like to know which file and I'd love to get this up and running. I'd also be willing to create an update.zip and push this out there for others who would be interested as well. Just need to know which xml we're dealing with.

I hope this gets up and running, it would definitely be nice.

Help us out devs! lol

I found it.

framework-res.apk>res>drawable>stat_sys_battery.xml

decompile using apktool, re-write to use new images, compile it back up, and make it an update. If no one else wants to, I will do this tomorrow after work for a stock theme. From there, everyone can just edit the images.

For now, I have to get some sleep before work.

I did the work. I didnt edit the icons for now, so whoever uses this, feel free to open it up in 7z and edit the pictures before you flash it.

Also, I'm on BB right now, and I didn't bother flashing over to Sapphire to test this. I'm pretty sure it will work, but as usual, make a back up before you flash.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WN0VSGFM

Last edited:

microsnook

Reaction score
I hope this gets up and running, it would definitely be nice.

Help us out devs! lol

I found it.

framework-res.apk>res>drawable>stat_sys_battery.xml

decompile using apktool, re-write to use new images, compile it back up, and make it an update. If no one else wants to, I will do this tomorrow after work for a stock theme. From there, everyone can just edit the images.

For now, I have to get some sleep before work.

I did the work. I didnt edit the icons for now, so whoever uses this, feel free to open it up in 7z and edit the pictures before you flash it.

Also, I'm on BB right now, and I didn't bother flashing over to Sapphire to test this. I'm pretty sure it will work, but as usual, make a back up before you flash.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Awesome!

You need to teach me how to edit that xml!

Ill download it and take a look lol

microsnook

Reaction score
I cant get it to work.
I pulled the xml file from the file you posted, and put it in my drawable folder, and then I went ahead and made all the battery images, pushed the framework, and no battery icons are being displayed.

Not sure whats wrong

OP
V
Reaction score
Glad to see something coming of this, but I'm on vacation right now so I'm pretty useless. Thanks to all those who are looking into it though!

microsnook

Reaction score
iamlost87 can you do this for sapphire too?

I would appreciate that. Or teach me how to edit the xml haha

kevdog

Reaction score
If I get some time with this I'll take a look at it. Using apktool is great (this is the way to do it), but sometimes installing stuff back into framework and the like breaks signatures. What specifically are the icons you want to use?

microsnook

Reaction score
If I get some time with this I'll take a look at it. Using apktool is great (this is the way to do it), but sometimes installing stuff back into framework and the like breaks signatures. What specifically are the icons you want to use?

So I need to download apk tool and then do what?

I have the images, do you want me to upload them?

Thanks

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Hmm interesting topic. I have noticed that my battery percentages go in 10% increments.

kevdog

Reaction score
There is an apktool forum on xda. - [UTIL][14.06.10] Apktool v1.3.1 - a tool for reengineering apk files - xda-developers

I also find this tool useful: apk-manager Apk Manager 4.8 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developers

The tools not that hard to use, but do some reading on it. Once you recompile the apk however, that is were I get off the bus. I then just go into the compiled apk, and simply then just take the individually modified xml files out and add them back into the original apk file using winrar/winzip (similar to when do framework-mods where dropping images into the hdpi-drawable file). I then push back the modified original apk either as an update.zip file, or use adb and reboot.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hmm interesting topic. I have noticed that my battery percentages go in 10% increments.

These guys aren't refering to the number %. They want the icon to reflect the 10% changes as well. Right now the icon only changes at 20% increments.

$.02, spend it as you please.

microsnook

Reaction score
There is an apktool forum on xda. - [UTIL][14.06.10] Apktool v1.3.1 - a tool for reengineering apk files - xda-developers

I also find this tool useful: apk-manager Apk Manager 4.8 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux) - xda-developers

The tools not that hard to use, but do some reading on it. Once you recompile the apk however, that is were I get off the bus. I then just go into the compiled apk, and simply then just take the individually modified xml files out and add them back into the original apk file using winrar/winzip (similar to when do framework-mods where dropping images into the hdpi-drawable file). I then push back the modified original apk either as an update.zip file, or use adb and reboot.

Ok, gotcha kevdog.
Im not sure how to do the xml editing though?

kevdog

Reaction score
xml can be edited two ways:

1) Directly edit the binary file with a hex editor such as frhed or hxd -- can do minor edits this way -- quick, fast

2)Decompile the binary back to source, edit the source, and then compile back to binary. Can do much more complex edits, but process more involved. This would be with apk-manager or simply editing AOSP from source and compiling.

microsnook

Reaction score
xml can be edited two ways:

1) Directly edit the binary file with a hex editor such as frhed or hxd -- can do minor edits this way -- quick, fast

2)Decompile the binary back to source, edit the source, and then compile back to binary. Can do much more complex edits, but process more involved. This would be with apk-manager or simply editing AOSP from source and compiling.

I dont know how to edit it. And I cant figure out how to work apk manager.

This stuff is hard