Anyone Else's Nexus Setting Off Store Anti-Theft Alarms?

pg417

Reaction score
I've noticed in the last week or so (the first time I ventured back into malls after getting this phone), that I keep setting off store alarms. No, no tags in clothes or shoes, no, not stealing things. It's only certain stores: Macy's, Ann Taylor, New York & Co, Belk. Others I walk through no problem. The only constant in the situation has been my phone. I've even been told by store workers that if I have a smartphone, particularly one with 4G, that that is what's causing it. Is this true? Is there a fix for it? It's mortifying being thought a thief.

Nope. Walked into many stores and nothing.

Only thing I can think of that would set these off are NFC. I have mine turned off though.

Haven't noticed or been flagged down as of yet. Sounds like a problem the stores will have to straighten out if that is happening

My brother's old flip phone used to set off some stores' alarms. Never really figured out why.

I haven't ran into anti theft alarm issues but I have ran into radar detector problems. I can't have my radar detector on when I'm in an area that has 4g. It goes off constantly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

lol I'll have to test this, I wonder if it's the NFC.

I've noticed in the last week or so (the first time I ventured back into malls after getting this phone), that I keep setting off store alarms. No, no tags in clothes or shoes, no, not stealing things. It's only certain stores: Macy's, Ann Taylor, New York & Co, Belk. Others I walk through no problem. The only constant in the situation has been my phone. I've even been told by store workers that if I have a smartphone, particularly one with 4G, that that is what's causing it. Is this true? Is there a fix for it? It's mortifying being thought a thief.

Happened to me at barnes and nobles.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

i typically have nfc disabled. No problems yet.

OP, you should walk back into those stores with NFC off. You can be our experiment:D

If I can find a store whose alarm I set off with a tolerant enough sales staff, I will be happy to conduct experiments.

Tag, I would like to know the outcome

Also Mayze what radar detector? I have not had an issue with my cobra or Bel RX65,... they are both very sensitive buggers.

Back