Anyone ever have this happen....

twright86

Reaction score
So all day today I have no 4G or 3G signal. Was starting to get PO'ed and was really ready to go down to Verizon and tell them to shove their phone and 4G network (as I use 4G/3G all day for work purposes).

I had rebooted the phone multiple times, toggled between Airplane and regular mode and nothing, made sure the sim card was seated correctly...etc.

Then around 4 pm I am playing around with options, and get to the Mobile network settings screen and found that Data enabled was not checked off...I check marked it, low and behold 4G comes back.

This would have been all well and good, had I ever unchecked it, hell I had never been to the Mobile network settings before.

Anyone ever have this problem?

djakrse

Reaction score
Juice Defender will do that if allowed to manage your data connection. I don't think thats a default setting though.

Also there's many toggles. I use Quick Settings. Do you use any of those?

Sent from my Tapatalk-using Droid

OP
T

twright86

Reaction score
Juice Defender will do that if allowed to manage your data connection. I don't think thats a default setting though.

Also there's many toggles. I use Quick Settings. Do you use any of those?

Sent from my Tapatalk-using Droid
Nevermind, I am a moron.

I use Gummyjar ROM and I think what happened was I toggled data off accidentally on the notification bar.

This thread can now become the "Flame the new guy" thread.

Thanks for posting, I would have been trying to figure this out forever.

I was swearing so hard about Verizon today to...lol

Tas

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I ended up calling customer support and the guy told me to go over to mobile network and it seems that mine was unchecked as well when I didn't uncheck it. I asked him why did that happen and he said it just sometimes happen with 4G devices.

So I just said thanks and hung up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

samiusmc

Reaction score
The Nexus is known to constantly drop data. That's why I returned mine and got the Rezound.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's keep the "family friendly" language in check please thank you.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
Wow, you are like rain man with this. Definitely yeah.

samiusmc has brain locked on... Nexus is bad... Rezound is great... I so happy... you need to know... again and again and again and again and again and again :D It's like a skip in a song that never ends... lol

Insidious

Reaction score
Everyone knows that the Droid 2 Global is where its at! PSYCH! Getting a Nexus Sunday but if it turns out the radio really is bad I'll swap out with a Rezound. Both are great phones so I don't see why people are trying to troll eachother. Not pointing fingers, but just from observation.