Anyone familiar with Kies?

Scott0719

Reaction score
I have a question about the restore process in Kies. I backup everything fine I believe including my wifi passwords which is what I want the most. When I go to restore I get a message saying "Some of the applications running on this devise may be closed, and the network will be unavailable." Then when I go a couple steps further in the restore process where it lets you select what you want to restore the network box is grey and wont let me check it. Now I believe this is what that message was referring to but why? I tried backing up my network info by itself and when I go to restore it it lets me select it. However it did not restore my network.

I feel like I am missing something simple and I just can't pinpoint it. Has anyone successfully restore wifi passwords using Kies? Has anyone had the issue i'm having and fixed it? I am so frustrated with this because it shouldn't be this difficult. It should have been restore when I setup my phone after the factory reset but for some reason that didn't work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.