Anyone get Wifi Tether Working?

jbarrett020

Reaction score
Has anyone found a Wifi Tether App that works? I am rooted and can install the tether apps I have found, but when I enable no devices I have can see it. Two laptops, a nook, an ipad.. There isnt even an optoin to hide the SSD so I don't believe that is the issue either.

Thanks

Raven6906

Reaction score
I have gotten Wireless Tether to work, as well as WiFi tether, just had to root the phone using Gingerbread root from the market.

Mickey12gauge

Reaction score
I have gotten Wireless Tether to work, as well as WiFi tether, just had to root the phone using Gingerbread root from the market.

Lucky you! Would you mind explaining how to get Wireless Tether to work after the phone is rooted? I was under the impression that it was not possible to connect wirelessly without paying Verizon a monthly fee.

Raven6906

Reaction score
It creates an ad hoc network so your devices must be set up to use ad hoc. I had a bit of trouble but after seting up ad hoc on my pc it worked fine. I use channel 1 at 2415 mhz i think it is.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums

Raven6906

Reaction score
And I just got infrastructure working on it too, make sure that the profile is set to Auto and that the setup method is set to Netd (Master) and it should broadcast as an AP

Tested and working with an Itouch browsing.

Raven6906

Reaction score
Only downside is that it reboots when you shut it off but i recommend that anyways

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums