Anyone try the ported Gingerbread KB?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, I'm on 1.1.1 and might delve into it later this week, seems Peter corrected the auto correct,

I figure it shouldn't have any issues, as our ROM doesn't have anything on top of the stock KB ...

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I posted on the other mod thread on it.

I didn't have to look for or uncheck a second android kb, nor select english, it was a straightforward update.

Takes a bit to get used to though, long presses do much more, but damn! It is nice, faster and more accurate than the previous stock one IMO.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
What is the big issue here with the lacking multi-touch. The Droid 2 keyboard works fine...is there something I'm missing here? I'm on 1.1.1 with Avalon and use this KB simply because of the sex appeal, but I'm still typing more slowly than with my d2 keyboards. Seriously, does anybody know the technical reason why Google hasn't implemented this? Or is it that the port is just lacking it bit the official build has it? So confused.

On a positive note, I've finally started on my first apk project. Thanks Stephen for motivation to actually download and configure my IDE and workspace! You rock.