AOKP install HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Followed youtube video on how to install aokp b21 rom and everything worked to the T until it said to install from sdcard, and reboot now once finished. video's phone rebooted with the new rom and when i do it, it goes to a black screen and doesnt do anything else. do i boot in the safe mode? i thought i had to cause if i turn it off, it only boots into the factory wiped verizon razr rom where you have to set everything up again and start from scratch. please help me. does this rom not work? am i missing a step cause i did what the video says exactly and his works. yes im rooted and am using safestrap. yes i hit install inside of safestrap....

sunny757

Reaction score
I had this happen when I installed eclipse. I didn't have safemode enabled in recovery. I would try booting into recovery and enabling safemode, once that's done, try installing thr ROM again.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Ive tried booting out of safe mode, on safe mode, reinstalling the aokp and black widow.. idk why it wont work... sometging is missing cause it just black screens and doesnt boot up but in the tube video, the guys boots right up. Same versions same downloads same steps

sunny757

Reaction score
When you boot into recovery what do the first three lines say?

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
It's like reboot now, update from sdcard, and can't remember the third.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Alright I got it loaded its great and works great........ except 4g absolutely no 4g. I did switch to GSM and back to lte/cdma but only have data and 3g. Yes I'm in a high 4g area with good reception. Almost done"!

sunny757

Reaction score
Good job! I'm sure the 4g will pick up if not flash again after full data wipe.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
What r these messages from 6250 that read "VZWNMN (1)" ? I'm getting them twice an hour and its annoying as hell

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
What r these messages from 6250 that read "VZWNMN (1)" ? I'm getting them twice an hour and its annoying as hell

Its Backup Assistant. You need to log into Verizon and go to the line that is getting the texts and disable cloud option I believe.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Why does WiFi keep turning on every time I turn it off it comes right back on. It's killing my battery ........ status bar icons keep losing color as in Bluetooth and WiFi go gray even when on and in use.....

sunny757

Reaction score
Thought about moving to ics? You won't have any of these issues, if you do then I think you have a defective phone. There are a lot of directions on the ics thread in the RAZR forum and you won't need a custom Rom. I installed ics, and nova launcher and highly recommend it.