[ROM] [AOSP] Unofficial CM10/JB ROM Development [09/24 DATAFIX]

socci

Reaction score
So I just flashed CM10 with safestrap, but I literally do not have any of my apps, not even the basic apps like gmail that flash with other roms. I figure it is just a cleaned up to reduce unwanted apps, but I need the play store to retrieve my my everyday apps. The problem is my play store will not open, it just crashes. I read to uninstall the updates, but it does not have any. I also wiped and reflashed with no luck. Any other ideas? Also I tried to download backup assistant from teh web to retrieve my contacts and what not, but it told me my phone already has the app installed. I cannot find it anywhere under file manager, I am guessing it sees it under my stock rom which is not booted?

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Jellybean Gapps (Google Apps). There is a link to JB Gapps in the first post my friend. Flash the zip and you'll be good to go.

socci

Reaction score
Appreciate it, I flashed the rom from a different site which did not say anything about google apps. Unfortunately when I did download gapps it would now open, but I cannot connect to my exsisting account, I have a server error in the play store, and most apps I open like gmail close and give me an error message. I might try another gapps zip, I flashed the most current date, but if that doesnt work I think my Jelly Bean dreams are over for now.

mehimatt

Reaction score
socci said:
So I just flashed CM10 with safestrap, but I literally do not have any of my apps, not even the basic apps like gmail that flash with other roms. I figure it is just a cleaned up to reduce unwanted apps, but I need the play store to retrieve my my everyday apps. The problem is my play store will not open, it just crashes. I read to uninstall the updates, but it does not have any. I also wiped and reflashed with no luck. Any other ideas? Also I tried to download backup assistant from teh web to retrieve my contacts and what not, but it told me my phone already has the app installed. I cannot find it anywhere under file manager, I am guessing it sees it under my stock rom which is not booted?

U installed the wrong gapps wipe the system reinstall cm 10 and use this .zip for gapps http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Droid 51

Reaction score
I cant seem to get YouTube or any media to play with the latest updates is anyone else having this problem and if so is there a fix

Droid 51

Reaction score
socci said:
Appreciate it, I flashed the rom from a different site which did not say anything about google apps. Unfortunately when I did download gapps it would now open, but I cannot connect to my exsisting account, I have a server error in the play store, and most apps I open like gmail close and give me an error message. I might try another gapps zip, I flashed the most current date, but if that doesnt work I think my Jelly Bean dreams are over for now.

http://db.tt/VP6gzz1Y try this it works great for me and u get extra perks like gmail and Widgets

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid 51 said:
I cant seem to get YouTube or any media to play with the latest updates is anyone else having this problem and if so is there a fix

Nope mine works fine.

mehimatt

Reaction score
Droid 51 said:

YouTube works for me

Droid 51

Reaction score
20121116 is the latest version I know of and I check regularly are y'all running the same plus I even went as far as deleting and starting over and also downloaded the rom again and still YouTube will start playing and stop and start and stop and eventually it just tells me it wont work

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid 51 said:
20121116 is the latest version I know of and I check regularly are y'all running the same plus I even went as far as deleting and starting over and also downloaded the rom again and still YouTube will start playing and stop and start and stop and eventually it just tells me it wont work

What gapps do you use?

Droid 51

Reaction score
Well that might b the problem I'm not sure if the gapps are up to date

mattjenn

Reaction score
Droid 51 said:
Well that might b the problem I'm not sure if the gapps are up to date

Those are 4.2 gapps you need the 4.1.2 I think they are dated in Oct or the 7/16/12 ones will work too they will update when you log on market

Droid 51

Reaction score
Well I have tried the newest and older but its the same thing it starts to play and stops starts to play and stops so but the kexec version works fine so I don't understand what is going on