Are you switching from the M8 to the G3?

Switching to G3 or Keeping M8?

• G3 Here I Come!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M8's the BEST! You're Nuts!

• Wait. I can Switch?

• Total voters

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Well, this forum hasn't been very active, so let's liven it up some:

So am I the only one waiting impatiently on the G3? The M8 was a step back for me in every aspect of the word.

Smaller screen
Smaller camera
Larger phone

The day the G3 launches I'll have my M8 up on Swappa and I'll be standing in front of my local VZW store waiting on them to open.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You know I thought the same thing initially ..I couldn't wait for G3..so while on Verizon with my N3 I got a M8...I wanted to find out what all the fuss was about ...my experience was not great ..loved the build but I was getting horrible battery life ..so much that I didn't make it to the 14 day return and after a week turn it in..made a stop by T-Mobile left Verizon and loved the G2..I was more than ever anxious for the G3..service was then an issue so I left for AT&T..I was going to get the G2 again but decided let me try this M8 again ..lol
The phone has grown on me ..so much I might wait it out with G3..now plenty of peeps here know me I get bored with phones and what I'm running on my phone ..so I think the main reason I'm happy with the M8 is because I'm getting awesome battery life now ..easily through the day heavy usage ..most importantly I have it unlocked with custom Rom ..I have nav keys hidden with LMT to handle my nav actions ..I have full screen not wasted and I can try different custom Roms or mod when I desire ..feel in hand is good now as originally felt slippery but this time I'm using a case ..for me if G3 development is not there I'm going to pass on it ...I hope not I'd love to give it a run ..I guess for the crackflasher like me I truly do enjoy changing up the phone ..now let's bookmark this post and when you see me with another phone remind me what I said ...LMAO

M8 tap'd

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
You know I thought the same thing initially ..I couldn't wait for G3..so while on Verizon with my N3 I got a M8...I wanted to find out what all the fuss was about ...my experience was not great ..loved the build but I was getting horrible battery life ..so much that I didn't make it to the 14 day return and after a week turn it in..made a stop by T-Mobile left Verizon and loved the G2..I was more than ever anxious for the G3..service was then an issue so I left for AT&T..I was going to get the G2 again but decided let me try this M8 again ..lol
The phone has grown on me ..so much I might wait it out with G3..now plenty of peeps here know me I get bored with phones and what I'm running on my phone ..so I think the main reason I'm happy with the M8 is because I'm getting awesome battery life now ..easily through the day heavy usage ..most importantly I have it unlocked with custom Rom ..I have nav keys hidden with LMT to handle my nav actions ..I have full screen not wasted and I can try different custom Roms or mod when I desire ..feel in hand is good now as originally felt slippery but this time I'm using a case ..for me if G3 development is not there I'm going to pass on it ...I hope not I'd love to give it a run ..I guess for the crackflasher like me I truly do enjoy changing up the phone ..now let's bookmark this post and when you see me with another phone remind me what I said ...LMAO

M8 tap'd
My battery life was great on the M8 until... my camera quit working last week, so I got VZW to send me a replacement and guess what. My battery life stinks now. I'm at 26% and I've hardly used the thing today. It must be a hit or miss thing...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That must be the phone I turned in at Verizon ..:D
I couldn't get anything worth a half day with my old one ..

M8 tap'd