ART vs. Dalvik

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that I finally have an odexed AOSP phone, I decided to try ART instead of Dalvik. So far it is smooth, snappy, and fast. But then Dalvik was smooth, snappy, and fast too. Too be frank I couldn't tell a big difference. I feel ART may be a little smoother, but then that could be a mental thing. From what I remember, benchmarks are similar(roughly hanging around the 37000 mark if I remember correctly). Anybody here running ART? Likes/dislikes? Do you notice a difference?

I haven't tried it yet personally... have you noticed any differences when running graphicly intense games? Idle battery drain differences, or anything like that?

Swyped on my awesome 64Gb 1+1

We had a couple folks try it on their S5s and ran into some glitches when running certain apps. They've since changed back. Otherwise they didn't really notice a difference. Like anything else I'm sure it will continue to evolve and improve over time.

tap'n on my S5

I haven't noticed much noticeable difference, other than it feels silky smooth and just a tad bit quicker. Could be the placebo effect. I haven't had any problems with it though. Everything runs well. In the next day or two I am going to switch back to dalvik, just to see if the difference is noticeable then.

Just switched back over to dalvik and scored a 47170 on Antutu. I guess I'll be sticking with dalvik lol. :D

Back