Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Why do people have 2 and 3 phones? I don't get it...
I'm with you on this one.

I was combing through youtube looking at videos about the note 4 before mine finally arrived.

I stumbled upon a guy who actually CARRIES at least 2 phones at all times. That's what I don't get. I've got my gnex and my girlfriend's s3 in a drawer for backup in case we have to send one in to get a replacement or something, but I can't see spending money on 2 brand new phones at one time just to have one of them sit and collect dust for over half the time.

I think it'd be more hassle than it's worth to set them both up, then, as you use one more often, you start to tweak where things are and what apps are on it and get lost when you go to the other one.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
As an Asus fan, I think I must have this phone. I love the Nexus 7, which was my first mobile device made by Asus I have used.

For the price, I will find a way to get it!!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Why do people have 2 and 3 phones? I don't get it...

I have two phones because I cannot have my personal stuff on my company phone. Everyone in our company carries two phones. I purchased my work phone personally since they were issuing Windows phones and I didn't want to use one.

Lollipop is supposed to usher in profiles. Has anyone here on Lollipop tried it out?

I could simply use Knox, but that is not a route I want to take. Right now I know when I hand my work phone to someone in the company that is what they are getting...a phone full of work related stuff.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have two phones because I cannot have my personal stuff on my company phone. Everyone in our company carries two phones. I purchased my work phone personally since they were issuing Windows phones and I didn't want to use one.

Lollipop is supposed to usher in profiles. Has anyone here on Lollipop tried it out?

I could simply use Knox, but that is not a route I want to take. Right now I know when I hand my work phone to someone in the company that is what they are getting...a phone full of work related stuff.
That, I get. It's people that don't need the extra phone for work that I don't get.
As for profiles, I can check it out on my tablet if you'd like. Haven't played with it yet. I would assume it's similar to Knox with passwords setup, but you'd have much more choice of apps.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That, I get. It's people that don't need the extra phone for work that I don't get.
As for profiles, I can check it out on my tablet if you'd like. Haven't played with it yet. I would assume it's similar to Knox with passwords setup, but you'd have much more choice of apps.

I have profiles on my tablet already. Samsung released it last year sometime. I can't figure out why they never implemented it on their phones though. I really want to just have one phone on me unless the second one is something to just tinker with.

Where I work overseas everyone has two phones. An old school bar phone (Samsung, Nokia) and a smart phone. They have two carriers there and it is cheaper to buy a $35 dumb phone so you have cheaper inter-carrier talk costs.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have profiles on my tablet already. Samsung released it last year sometime. I can't figure out why they never implemented it on their phones though. I really want to just have one phone on me unless the second one is something to just tinker with.

Where I work overseas everyone has two phones. An old school bar phone (Samsung, Nokia) and a smart phone. They have two carriers there and it is cheaper to buy a $35 dumb phone so you have cheaper inter-carrier talk costs.
I meant lollipop profiles because my tab is a Nexus.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, work and personal makes sense. But there are some nerds on here that have multiple phones for different reasons. lol ;)

I'm a HUGE Asus fan, too. If this was available on VZW today, I'd get it.
I have 2 Asus tabs (Android and Windows) an Asus gaming laptop, Asus video card and WiFi card in my wife's desktop, Asus WiFi router and a few video cards I've put in work PC's.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I meant lollipop profiles because my tab is a Nexus.

Are they the same as Lollipop phone profiles? Did the tablet have profiles before Lollipop? That would be great!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are they the same as Lollipop phone profiles? Did the tablet have profiles before Lollipop? That would be great!
I'm not sure if they operate exactly the same, but I just setup a guest account and switched to it. I didn't have a PIN active on my tablet, so I was able to switch back to myself without any PIN or anything, but then I set a PIN as myself and switched to the guest account. When I pulled down the notification tray and tapped the icon for profiles, then tapped the icon for me, I was presented with my lock screen, asking for the PIN.

Not quite the encryption of Knox, but could/should separate personal and business as long as you have a google account to tie to each profile that you want to maintain...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Encryption is default for me. Can a second account be encrypted?

Thanks a lot for checking it out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Encryption is default for me. Can a second account be encrypted?

Thanks a lot for checking it out.
As I understand it, and I could be wrong, the encryption is for the entire device, so I would think it wouldn't matter how many profiles/accounts you have setup on it if the device is encrypted. Don't quote me on that, but that's my slightly educated guess based on the little I know about android encryption policies.

antidote12488

Reaction score
Question: I have never ever order a phone from Asus. I liked what the zenfone 2 has to offer. Does this mean that I can activated with ANY company I want? If any of you guys know but is it possible to activated with PagePlus ?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum antidote12488! Hang in there and hopefully someone can answer your question.
I imagine it's similar to most devices where you would need to make sure the device is unlocked and compatible with your particular carrier's network. Unfortunately I don't know much about PagePlus so hopefully someone can help you with that.

S5 tap'n