ATTENTION! Droidforumsk.com & droidforums.xyz are not official!

And I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!!!

errmmm... sorry. Been watching WAY too much Scooby Doo....

XYZ is back up...

upload_2015-8-24_15-51-40.png

They have been coming and going but it looks like it may be on its way out. The only reason it's sporadic is DNS caching which sometimes takes a day or more to wash out of the system.

OK. That seems to be the case. I just checked "Active Topics" and it's showing the most recent information as of about 10:30 this morining with DGStorm's news post..

Now upto 3:30pm.

upload_2015-8-24_16-33-2.png

That wouldn't be DNS Caching, if I am not mistaken.

They really have improved the look of their mirror site at sk.com. It looks just like ours now.

Hmmm...@cerealkiller

Has anyone contacted them directly to find out exactly what's going on? Not to be accusatory, but could it be one of our Chinese supporting vendors doing this? This all started not long after we took them on as SV's.
Again....I'm just throwing it out there. I think its worth looking into.

If they are scraping, there has to be some evidence in the server logs. Since you can tell from "snapshots" of their server of when they last updated, it shouldn't be too hard to see an IP address, or range of addresses, is accessing this site, at and just before the most recent times shown.

I had one of my sites mirrored about a decade ago, and back then it was no problem at all to find the offending server and block it completely. Things are more easily concealed now, but still, there are ways to find out the IPs scraping the site regularly. I've had to do detective work in the past to find out why our dedicated server, which more than supported our number of users, was unresponsive at certain times. Back then, I discovered it was baidu-bot, from the Chinese search engine Baidu, slamming us hard with multiple requests per second. (And with each request hitting the database to display a thread, well...you can imagine why it was slowing things down.)

Good luck in the search. Getting them shut down may be a chore (throwing the terms "copyright" and "trademark" around if needed, and if applicable), but finding the "leak" through which they are scraping content and mirroring the images can help. Even if it's a lot more work.

I'm sure you can just add the ips to the .htaccess and block it down.

thanking you for the heads up. I did come across the forumsk one but never signed up

Back