Battery Issues Any Better Now?

twistdhood

Reaction score
Update.
So May is here and thus the end of free mobile hotspot. I decided this was as a good time to go ahead and root my phone. I don't use the feature much, but I knew I'd eventually root so this is as good a time as any.

So, if you read above I gave a pretty good overview of my normal usage. Rooting my phone has easily put me where I want to be. Unplugged this morning at 7am. 10 pm and I'm just now reaching 70%. Had I known rooting would give me that kind of boost I woulda rooted day one.

Running dasbamf and feeling for the first time I can use my phone freely all day and still go out at night without needing a charge. Which again if you read my previous posts is really what I wanted out of my battery life.

Sent from my 4GLTE Thunderbolt

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
rooting is clearly going to need to get done on mine but the battery life "seems" to be slightly better the last day or so. i have made a few more changes to my settings and ended up buying an HTC 1700mah battery off the VZW guy in the store 3 days ago.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
so the last few days i've gotten great battery life. I've kept my phone on either 3G or WiFi, and got really good life. Today I went about 7 hours before my phone left 100% charge, albeit I didn't really use it much (few emails and text, checked time) but overall i've done some light usage (internet, maps, gps, etc) and i'm at 10.5 hours unplugged and my phones at 86%. I'll post a screenshot tomorrow either of tonight's data, or if its still alive tomorrow morning then i'll do a screenshot of it before I finally plug it in.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
What are u guys doing to get these battery lives...I'm rooted and have frozen a lot of bloat ware through titanium. I get great battery life only cause of my extended battery.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
62a563f3-916f-e890.jpg

Um not really sure I've been unplugged for a day and still going. I'm not using my phone too much usually light to medium use and I have setcpu profiles for different conditions. As well as lots of unused apps frozen. I wish there was a definitive answer for getting good battery life.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
62a563f3-916f-e890.jpg

Um not really sure I've been unplugged for a day and still going. I'm not using my phone too much usually light to medium use and I have setcpu profiles for different conditions. As well as lots of unused apps frozen. I wish there was a definitive answer for getting good battery life.

What rom are u using?

do u have extended battery

Mine is losing battery while idle...it's really annoying.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
What rom are u using?

do u have extended battery

Mine is losing battery while idle...it's really annoying.

I'm running Das BAMF 1.6.3, stock battery. I have different profiles on SetCPU for battery temp, charge level, screen off. I run it on wifi or 3g most of the time.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
62a563f3-3120-9785.jpg

This is the best I've gotten so far. I could probably wake up tomorrow and my phone would be alive still, but I need to charge it before work tomorrow. Still 36 hours is not shabby at all. Mostly light use overall, texting, maps, YouTube, email, internet, and some other apps. All the time was either on 3G or wifi.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I have had this phone a few days and the battery life is ABYSMAL! The first night I left it unplugged and only lost 9% and thought it wasn't so bad. Then the next night it dropped from 85% to 7%. Then this morning I wake up and it's dead?! This is while on WiFi too ...
I have tried all the little tricks I did on my OG Droid but no luck. How the hell could HTC and Verizon let this thing drop with such a sh***y battery? I shouldn't have to drop $50 bucks on an extended battery (or have to root the device) in order to enjoy it ...

Edit: it just dawned on me that I installed launcher pro plus on it the other day. Not sure if it's at all related, but I will uninstall it today and see if there is an improvement.

Last edited:

geoff5093

Reaction score
I have had this phone a few days and the battery life is ABYSMAL! The first night I left it unplugged and only lost 9% and thought it wasn't so bad. Then the next night it dropped from 85% to 7%. Then this morning I wake up and it's dead?! This is while on WiFi too ...
I have tried all the little tricks I did on my OG Droid but no luck. How the hell could HTC and Verizon let this thing drop with such a sh***y battery? I shouldn't have to drop $50 bucks on an extended battery (or have to root the device) in order to enjoy it ...

Edit: it just dawned on me that I installed launcher pro plus on it the other day. Not sure if it's at all related, but I will uninstall it today and see if there is an improvement.
It's you. There is plenty of proof posted earlier that this phone can last for well over 24 hours with light to medium use.

alboboy10

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is mine right now had great battery life over past day or so...I have the 2750 battery. For about 4 hours yesterday I used it pretty heavy. Had it on 4G the whole time I never put on 3G. Slept about 8 hours so it was idle throughout that time.

P.s. for rooted users, what do you use to directly input images here through your phone? I use SHOOTME to take pics of my screen on my phone, but when I try to upload through the forum app it says incorrect file.

Last edited:

Ryukashin

Reaction score
This is mine right now had great battery life over past day or so...I have the 2750 battery. For about 4 hours yesterday I used it pretty heavy. Had it on 4G the whole time I never put on 3G. Slept about 8 hours so it was idle throughout that time.

P.s. for rooted users, what do you use to directly input images here through your phone? I use SHOOTME to take pics of my screen on my phone, but when I try to upload through the forum app it says incorrect file.

I use screenshot and i upload with the tapatalk hosted option from this forums app.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
alboboy10 how does the extended battery feel to you? Is it a significant difference in the size or just a little bump on the back of the phone?

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
For me. The battery easily lasts 12hrs. To be honest I been using my phone mainly for txt n calls.....

If I'm in the field and need to Google something then I do.

I'm on 4G all the time. Stock battery. Not rooted. I use the gmail app for email. No Facebook or Twitter.

On ocaasion it seems like the battery gets warm and that's where I see the battery issues. If I notice my battery heating up I will reboot to resolve.

Gps is off unless I need directions... Good luck with your decision.

alboboy10

Reaction score
alboboy10 how does the extended battery feel to you? Is it a significant difference in the size or just a little bump on the back of the phone?

It's noticeable...but is ur worth the extra bulge? Absolutely.

tbh my girlfriend and my friend saw the phone and thought the bulge actually makes it look good. I prefer the slim version but the battery is a beast. I can use it HEAVILY and not worry about it dying. On 4g the whole time btw. I actually added widgets on my screen...i don't worry about the battery I'm certain it will last from early morning to late night no matter how much I use it.

You feel the bump in the back but sometimes I actually use it to get better grip on the phone. I would suggest this battery to all thunderbolt owners...especially if they hate toggling 4g to 3g. The primary reason I got this phone was because I love seeing 4g LTE on top. I don't like shutting it off..ever.