battery question

eeeeevo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the batterylife is good on the s5 bc the s4 s3 s2 and Verizon's galaxy nexus have poor battery life. My buddy jus got the HTC m8 and tells me the battery life is superb

We hear it's pretty good. About 12 hours.

We hear it's pretty good. About 12 hours.

They say isn't the same as ur own or ur buddy's testing it out bc at work my co-worker says the s4's battery sucks bc I see them charging the phone at work all the time.

The battery time in my S5 is awesome . It's as good if not better than my Razr Maxx XT912 which had a 3300ma battery.

They say isn't the same as ur own or ur buddy's testing it out bc at work my co-worker says the s4's battery sucks bc I see them charging the phone at work all the time.

Now that's great news!!!!!!!!

People use their phone differently. I may get 8 hours you may get 10. I have an S4 and get an easy 8 hours from it. I expect I will do better with the S5.

I have had my S5 off charge (from 100%) for about 49 hours now. It's at 31%. Standard usage for me (routine Tweetdeck, Facebook, email, some Youtube, camera, streaming music).

This battery, for me, has been outstanding so far.

Battery life is subjective as we all use our phones differently. For my personal use, yes the Galaxy Nexus had poor battery life, but that was mostly in part due to the poor quality radios used in the device, and it was an early 4g device as well, none of the earlier 4g phones had anywhere close to good battery life. Compared to the Nexus, my s4 can last me all day and I text a ton and use data a bit here and there. The main culprit to any phone is the screen, so the more you use your phone, the more battery it's going to drain. Second would be the data, so any use of it and background apps are real battery drainers as well.

However if you're opting for the s5, you can at least pick up a second battery (which I did when I first bought my s4) and swap it. For myself with two batteries, one is always fully charged and ready to go, but I've only found myself having to swap it out once and even then a car charger was an option.

I have had my S5 off charge (from 100%) for about 49 hours now. It's at 31%. Standard usage for me (routine Tweetdeck, Facebook, email, some Youtube, camera, streaming music).

Similar experience for me...gave a full charge out of the box, 27 hours later w/wifi on the whole time downloading ringtones and apps I was at 45%. By the end of that night (maybe 40 hours after the first charge) I plugged it in to charge overnight at 23%. Right now, midnight my time I'm at 63% after unplugging at 7AM yesterday morning. Really hope this keeps up, I'm amazed.

Thats amazing. Are you using power save mode?

We're u on 4g LTE the whole time?

Battery life is subjective as we all use our phones differently. For my personal use, yes the Galaxy Nexus had poor battery life, but that was mostly in part due to the poor quality radios used in the device, and it was an early 4g device as well, none of the earlier 4g phones had anywhere close to good battery life. Compared to the Nexus, my s4 can last me all day and I text a ton and use data a bit here and there. The main culprit to any phone is the screen, so the more you use your phone, the more battery it's going to drain. Second would be the data, so any use of it and background apps are real battery drainers as well.

However if you're opting for the s5, you can at least pick up a second battery (which I did when I first bought my s4) and swap it. For myself with two batteries, one is always fully charged and ready to go, but I've only found myself having to swap it out once and even then a car charger was an option.

Yeah the battery life is great but this is simoly.not possible.

Back