Best all around rom (battery life, data connectivity)

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
See the links in my signature for a starting point. Read before doing.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Hey SamuriHL-
WOW! that's a lot of info! I'm so overwhelmed looking at all that. Read through the FAQ's and everything. I'm so sorry..I really am a noob with Motorola devices. I'm coming from HTC. I'm so sorry...just not sure what to do :( I'm so sorry!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It is a lot of info yes. But flashing a locked phone shouldn't be taken lightly. The House of Bionic process is very simple if you follow directions. You download the 7.7 installer, 905 FXZ, rsd 5.7, and the 232 update installer. Install them in that order, connect your phone to USB, and run the HouseOfBionic.bat. Follow the instructions to a t and don't skip things. That will give you 232 rooted. With no data or app loss.

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
It is a lot of info yes. But flashing a locked phone shouldn't be taken lightly. The House of Bionic process is very simple if you follow directions. You download the 7.7 installer, 905 FXZ, rsd 5.7, and the 232 update installer. Install them in that order, connect your phone to USB, and run the HouseOfBionic.bat. Follow the instructions to a t and don't skip things. That will give you 232 rooted. With no data or app loss.

When I follow those steps, does that give me root access? Or do I need to root before I do this? I literally got the bionic today through a warranty exchange b/c I hated my thunderbolt and kept giving me issues. If I need to root can you direct me where I need to go to follow those steps? And again, thank you so much!

Also, the .232 that you are talking about is ICS correct? again i'm so sorry for all of my noob questions. I love communities like this that are so willing to help out dummies like me! Thank you so much!

shockaholick_01

Reaction score

Hey SamuriHL...
sorry about my last post. I totally understand what you are saying now. I'll follow everything to a T. My only question I have (right now) is how would I create a recovery image/file if my phone is not rooted? Or did I miss something? Again thank you so much!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
There is a backup program that works without root but I don't remember which one it is. You'll have to search for it.

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
Hey samurihl...
Thank you again for all your help. Just curious...everything works on this build correct? If not, what doesn't work or known bugs?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey samurihl...
Thank you again for all your help. Just curious...everything works on this build correct? If not, what doesn't work or known bugs?

Hell if i can remember. I haven't used that build since early July. :) I remember some bugs but overall it's a pretty good build. Battery life somewhat sucks on it.

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
Thanks for your input again. I know I keep asking tons of questions, but what is the biggest difference between the ics.232 build over say liberty? What is so great about ics? If you were to pick another Rom/ build to use what would you go with and why?

Again, thank you for all your input. You've been a huge help.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't do roms on the bionic. So, not the person to answer those questions. I run 247 on my Bionic, but, anything above 232 has new security and isn't recommended for most people.

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
I guess that is my confusion. I'm so used to running roms for the longest time. What is difference between a Rom and build? I'm confused.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ROM = developer built
UPDATE = motorola created and signed official update

ROM'ing on the bionic ain't like other phones. We have a locked bootloader that makes it a royal pain in the @$$ to deal with.

deduct

Reaction score
shockaholick_01 said:
Hey @Deduct...
I see your a pretty active member on here. I apologize in advance, but verizon just issued my an awesome bionic in replace of my old sh@tty thunderbolt. I have flashed ROMs before, and all that jazz. But I never owned a motorola device. I've been reading through these threads, and to be honest I feel there is so much more stuff I need to do in order to root and flash a ROM.

If it's no trouble, can you please direct me to where I need to go to learn how to root my new bionic? Also, reading your comments regarding a stable, reliable ROM with everything working, it looks like you recommend ICS .232???

Again, my deepest apologies for posting this, just wasn't sure where else to post.

Thank you so much for answering my post, and if you need to message me, please feel free.

THANKS AGAIN!

Its not a problem at all. I am happy to do any thing I can to help. Just send me a personal message and I can help you flash 232 since I have it in my drop box for transfer. And then if u want to root I can help ya with that too.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its not a problem at all. I am happy to do any thing I can to help. Just send me a personal message and I can help you flash 232 since I have it in my drop box for transfer. And then if u want to root I can help ya with that too.

Oh sure I see how you are. Just discount all the help I provided. SNIFF SNIFF. :D LMAO!

deduct

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Oh sure I see how you are. Just discount all the help I provided. SNIFF SNIFF. :D LMAO!

Hahahaha...I honestly just saw the page where you helped. I apologize. I flashed motoicsbean again last night and forgot to download Droid forums until 10 minutes ago, And then saw the request for help and had not turned the page to see all the help you have already given. You know i appreciate your support samurai. You are a godsend for us bionic owners.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hahahaha...I honestly just saw the page where you helped. I apologize. I flashed motoicsbean again last night and forgot to download Droid forums until 10 minutes ago, And then saw the request for help and had not turned the page to see all the help you have already given. You know i appreciate your support samurai. You are a godsend for us bionic owners.

LMAO! You know I'm just giving you a hard time. :)