Best Car Dock

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
OK, so before you say, "Ya ya, I've seen it.", wait. Have you really? I picked up the car dock at Verizon the other day because the one I ordered from Amazon hadn't shown up and I was going out of town, so I needed it for my trip. It worked good. No complaints and it's cheap. $29 for the dock, but it doesn't come with the charger. No biggy. I have plenty of car chargers. SO I get home today and open the package from Amazon. I paid more for it, so I'm thinking, it better have a freeking charger. It does, but wait, there's more. Not only does it have a charger cable, but the cable also has a headphone jack on it. I know what you're thinking, ya, so what. Just wait. Think about it. I was traveling from Texas to North Carolina for the past week. Every time I got out of the truck, I'd have to unplug my phone from the headset. Isn't the point of having a dock so that you don't have to unplug anything? This thing solves that problem by adding the headset jack to the USB cable and eliminating the need to plug in your headset jack on the phone. Now you just pull and remove the phone anytime. I'm telling you, it's genius.

I'd highly recommend you purchase one of these if you are going to spend any time in your automobile!

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-89525...3825682&sr=1-1

No I'm not getting paid, and no I don't work for any affiliated party. I'm just a guy with a Razr trying to make everyone's world better!

dillont

Reaction score
That is pretty slick. I bought the regular car dock from Verizon a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize that their was another version that came with that cord. It is not a huge hassle to plug the audio cord in every time, but it would be nice to be able to just pop it in the dock and be good to go.love Motorola docks. Had both the Car and HDMI for my X and have both for my razr already too.

jdroid80

Reaction score
I finally realized what you were saying: the charging USB output (on Razr) also sends out audio with a 3.5 mm auxiliary on other end.

If I would've known that, I wouldn't have needed to buy the Bluetooth/3.5mm adaptor I use now ($69.) It's okay though, since it doubles as a music streamer and hands-free phone adaptor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

breedingh8

Reaction score
OK, so before you say, "Ya ya, I've seen it.", wait. Have you really? I picked up the car dock at Verizon the other day because the one I ordered from Amazon hadn't shown up and I was going out of town, so I needed it for my trip. It worked good. No complaints and it's cheap. $29 for the dock, but it doesn't come with the charger. No biggy. I have plenty of car chargers. SO I get home today and open the package from Amazon. I paid more for it, so I'm thinking, it better have a freeking charger. It does, but wait, there's more. Not only does it have a charger cable, but the cable also has a headphone jack on it. I know what you're thinking, ya, so what. Just wait. Think about it. I was traveling from Texas to North Carolina for the past week. Every time I got out of the truck, I'd have to unplug my phone from the headset. Isn't the point of having a dock so that you don't have to unplug anything? This thing solves that problem by adding the headset jack to the USB cable and eliminating the need to plug in your headset jack on the phone. Now you just pull and remove the phone anytime. I'm telling you, it's genius.

I'd highly recommend you purchase one of these if you are going to spend any time in your automobile!

No I'm not getting paid, and no I don't work for any affiliated party. I'm just a guy with a Razr trying to make everyone's world better!

Had one for my DX and now also for my razr o Picked it up same day as phone cant live with out a good car dock and moto does an excellent job! Loved my DX oCD as well and the RAZR is even better.. I do alot of driving just great products I get 25% off all Verizon accessories so I think its a good invesgment like you said... Anyway agree 100%

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

breedingh8

Reaction score

I also have a usb and speaker port in my car so again just works flawlessly :p

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I also have a usb and speaker port in my car so again just works flawlessly :p

LOL. I need to add a picture, huh? Yes. If you have an axillary port for your radio, then you should get this adaptor.

dmisc

Reaction score
I finally realized what you were saying: the charging USB output (on Razr) also sends out audio with a 3.5 mm auxiliary on other end.

If I would've known that, I wouldn't have needed to buy the Bluetooth/3.5mm adaptor I use now ($69.) It's okay though, since it doubles as a music streamer and hands-free phone adaptor.

Which Bluetooth/3.5mm adapter do you use?

dmisc

Reaction score
LOL. I need to add a picture, huh? Yes. If you have an axillary port for your radio, then you should get this adaptor.

Will phone calls come through as well?

The reason why I ask is because my brother has an iphone and can play music through his iphone dock, but will not take calls through it.

jdroid80

Reaction score
Which Bluetooth/3.5mm adapter do you use?

It's the Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX:

A bit pricey: $69 for Belkin @ Fry's Electronics; $10 car charger hardwired adaptor @ Autozone; and $20 red/white RCA male to female Y-adaptor, plus 3.5mm female-to-RCA male adaptor @ Radio Shack.

I mounted it above my steering wheel column, hard wired the car charger behind dash/stereo, and used the video/audio inputs behind my Pioneer Nav unit (no video obviously.) I just wanted no wires, and to connect audio I/O wirelessly via Bluetooth. Calls are hit-or-miss. Could just be me, I generally have problems with bluetooth talk. Music, hands-free, work fine.

But of course, my charger connects via wire (Razr Car Dock,) so if the charger the OP received has the charger and auxilary in one, his would've worked for much cheaper.

BarryD

Reaction score
Will phone calls come through as well?

Yes. But it's confusing at first. When you make or take a call, it defaults to the speaker phone. So you just have to remember to hit the speaker button and your call audio comes over your car speakers.

dmisc

Reaction score
I just purchased this car dock from BestBuy. Luckily my bro has his employee discount so I was able to get it for $37 total, including tax. They were originally selling it for $59.99...crazy ass mark-up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Ok, so is it just the cable for the adapter that is different or is the entire car mount adapter different as well? I have the full-blown car mount which was purchased at the verizon phone center store, the 1 pictured in the advertisement with the push down usb jack but it does not have the audio out jack as you're aware of. I'm wondering if I can simply purchase a cable which has an audio out jack on it, perhaps off of ebay, which will do the same thing with my current mount.

dmisc

Reaction score
Ok, so is it just the cable for the adapter that is different or is the entire car mount adapter different as well? I have the full-blown car mount which was purchased at the verizon phone center store, the 1 pictured in the advertisement with the push down usb jack but it does not have the audio out jack as you're aware of. I'm wondering if I can simply purchase a cable which has an audio out jack on it, perhaps off of ebay, which will do the same thing with my current mount.

I believe the only difference is that cord and the dual usb charger.

SKN6394A - Connector Cable for Cradle for Car Dock
SPN5581A - 2-Piece Vehicle Power Adapter

kyfa25

Reaction score
I just got my car dock abd hd station... i love this stuff.... retired my garmin... this phone kicks so much a$$

kyfa25

Reaction score
Cant edit my last post .. but i meant to say its awesome