Best Case?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Otterbox is my case of choice on the Bionic, like a tank :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any case fit over the extended battery without the back cover on?. That's the only way id get a case

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yoshi098

Reaction score
I'm using the otterbox commuter with the skinomi screen protector. Fits well in my pocket and case isnt too bulky like tge defender but still offers great protection for my phone.

I like the skinomi screen protector over stock since it covers the entire screen and not just the lit areas. It was also under five dollars with lifetime warranty

Martain

Reaction score
I purchases the Seidio Convert value pack, which includes the Surface case and Holster, as well as a rugged skin an skeleton, which can be fitted over top of the Surface case for even more protection. When using the additional layers you have a lot of protection, like the Otterbox Defender, for when you need/want it, but in a form that can easily be slipped off for everyday carry. Also included is a larger holster, which is needed when using the rugged skin and skeleton. This holster has the added security of a lock, which keeps the phone from falling out of the holster when brushing up against something. Here's a link.

seidioonline.com

The one main complaint that I've seen posted on another thread, is that the Surface case does not allow the phone to sit flat on a table. It has a tendency to rock a bit. If you're like me though, and don't type on the phone much, while it's flat on a desk, it's not a real issue.

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
I just bought the Otter Box Commuter series from Amazon.com for $21.23! Is it me or does that seem to good to be true? I mean, it's through Amazon so I'm covered but still, that's 40% off msrp from OtterBox.com! Well, guess I'll find out. Anyone else get a deal like this?

jayman350

Reaction score
I got the Commuter case from Amazon a couple weeks ago for about that price. I bought it before I got my extended battery, and since then I have cut out part of the back cover to allow the extended battery to fit. Its not perfect but its the only thing that works w/ the ext battery, other than the one from VZW that I don't really care for.

LBrooks

Reaction score
I just bought the Otter Box Commuter series from Amazon.com for $21.23! Is it me or does that seem to good to be true? I mean, it's through Amazon so I'm covered but still, that's 40% off msrp from OtterBox.com! Well, guess I'll find out. Anyone else get a deal like this?

Not too good to be true - just rip off from otterbox.com ??? (I'm kidding I'm kidding) ... I've purchased several otterboxes from Amazon - ALL for ridiculously lower amounts than store price / otterbox.com prices ... and all straight from Amazon - no 3rd party ... You should've gotten it by now right? LOL I have one for my phone I will probably never use again since I got the extended battery :eek:( Same stupid thing happened with Thunderbolt ... on the plus side of things - I purchased them on Amazon for MUCH less than I could have paid right ? ;)

MrSHFTY

Reaction score
would love if some of the carbon fiber makers for iphones make one for the bionic, would buy in a heartbeat

chris420o

Reaction score
I dont get why people like these hue otterbox cases unless ur in construction ...siedio case was an epic fail returned that asap bought a tpc skin case best thing i ever found...adds like no bulk has the front a hard closs like the phone and back a nice soft touch like the phone is naked and fits like a dream im in loveee got on amazon forlike 10 bucks

LBrooks

Reaction score
I dont get why people like these hue otterbox cases unless ur in construction ...siedio case was an epic fail returned that asap bought a tpc skin case best thing i ever found...adds like no bulk has the front a hard closs like the phone and back a nice soft touch like the phone is naked and fits like a dream im in loveee got on amazon forlike 10 bucks

ROFL Sometimes you have a point .. that didn't come out right ... With me - I go back and forth - I go through times where I keep my phones in Otterboxes - and I go through times where I keep my phones in a slimmer case - but I always case them ... I love love love how streamlined they are case-free --- but I am OCD (literally - diagnosed and on meds for it LOL) - and scratches on my phone freak me right out ... and I tend to be a little clumsy :( - I try not to be really - but I am :( ... And on more than one occasion I've accidentally set my phone down in a pool of water (side of the sink, etc) ... (now I'm starting to freak myself out a little that I have an extended battery on and no Otterbox - great :icon_eek: ... ) ... Okay - so clumsy and somewhat unaware that I am - the Otterbox is good for me :) --- previous ones that I have used - have NOT picked up as much lint as this latest one (and that lint thing is REALLY bothering me - when I was using it with the standard slim battery - I was having to take it off and clean everything every other day) ... Now - I'm just waiting ... and waiting ... and trying really hard to be extra careful (it's a lot of work for me, man ;) ) ... Some various cases I have purchased before that snap on blah blah blah - rub off the corner edge paint on teh phone - I can't deal (sad but true) ...

So - that's *my* reason for not being in construction and using an Otterbox ;)

Reaction score
I'm not in construction. But my BB bold and my Bionic all sport Otterbox Defenders. :) Lets just say... When pallets fall on you.. you better be tough.. and so do these phones...lol.

jayman350

Reaction score
I use an Otterbox b/c I like the fact that the ports are covered. I typically only use the ob when it is raining (like today) or during the winter. I live in New England and don't want to have to worry about rain or snow getting into my phone if I have to use it outside. I accidentally dropped my D1 into a snow bank when I was talking on it last winter, I freaked the hell out... but it was ok b/c the ports were covered and the only part that was exposed was the speaker and mic which can very easily be wiped off.

So my otterbox saved me from having to file an insurance claim or buying a new phone. Its bulky, but the protection it offers is very much worth it.