Nova launcher is great!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Tried out Apex. I love it except for one thing. I can't group my apps into folders in the app drawer only on the desktop. Sent them an email to add this feature. Once they add it, it will be my launcher of choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
Also tried Apex, and the deal breaker for me was being spoiled by ICS already and apparently not being about to place widgets on my home screen without "root access" ....???...... I like that feature for stock ICS. And when I try to do it on Apex it said I need root access....... WTF...

awriternot

Reaction score
Will,

You can add Widgets by long pressing on the home screen just not the drawer. So, is not totally impossible. :)

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
Will,

You can add Widgets by long pressing on the home screen just not the drawer. So, is not totally impossible. :)

Your right, its still possible to add widgets, I just fell in love the ability to preview them and pick them from the app drawer... I got spoiled

williamweaver

Reaction score
BiGG WiLL said:
Your right, its still possible to add widgets, I just fell in love the ability to preview them and pick them from the app drawer... I got spoiled

That's why I rooted.

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
williamweaver said:
That's why I rooted.

Oh we got methods to root this ICS OTA already? *comes from under rock* And I'm not talking about the pre OTA root method.

Cause for that one small feature, i'll root again...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh we got methods to root this ICS OTA already? *comes from under rock* And I'm not talking about the pre OTA root method.

Cause for that one small feature, i'll root again...

Hacks Section, Matt's Utility V 1.71 can root the new ICS with one simple push of a key.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Well after testing Stock, Go, Apex, and Nova. I still like Go but Nova is coming in a close second with Apex.
I'll keep at it but both Nova and Apex allow you to get to a basic menu to manage apps, wallpaper, and system setting, while Go doesn't.

All three are great choices, it's in the details but I might choose Nova. Wish me luck.

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Nova is by far the best. It has all the features you could want and it uses much less battery and resources then Go, and you can use the Go themes and icon packs with Nova.

Have to pay to get all Nova features but why not pay if its worth it, and it is.

Edit: Btw I have used all three of the major ones listed above and more giving them all a shakedown.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2