Solved Best Smartphone of 2016 (determined by you)

Best 2016 smartphone

• Google Pixel

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • iPhone 7

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Note 7

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Galaxy S7

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • iPhone 7 +

• Google Pixel XL

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Galaxy S7 edge

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • LG V20

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • LG G5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motorola Moto Z/Droid Force

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • One Plus 3T

• HTC 10

• Xiaomi Mi Mix (bezel-less smartphone)

• Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

• Total voters

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
best_of_the_best_1989_852x480_878901.jpg

It's that time of year where we crown the best of the best. We will open the poll and announce the winner at the end of the month (of December).

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Can MODS vote? Sorry silly question...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico
Just got a Galaxy S7 Edge so I will vote tomorrow lol

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
How about none of the above?
The Nexus 6P still rocks. None of these listed are compelling enough to upgrade from a phone bought last year.
The iPhone 7 isn't enough to get 6s people to upgrade.
The Pixel XL isn't enough to get 6P people to move. I know people still buying the 6P since the price for the Pixel is crazy.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Personally I feel of all the phones that has come out this year in a whole the Moto Z Force is my Vote. Between all the features and Modular design is the one thing that sets it apart. Its has plenty of power and one of the best in Battery life. If any weakness would be the camera isn't as good as the top ones out but as a whole a very impressive device.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I gotta' go with the V20. Replaceable battery, SD Card and I have a feeling the Pixel wouldn't have won the camera competition if the V20 had been in those tests. ;)
I haven't actually used the V20 camera yet, but the V10 was the best I've ever seen... it can only be better, right?

rebelmuddlite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia z3v
No love for the Axon 7? I guess I'll cast my vote to the V20. Obviously the V20 is superior to the Axon 7 but there is something about the Axon 7 that has had me switching back and using it as my daily and using the V20 on the weekends. Maybe it's the fact of it being half of the price (as the unlocked V20) and it would be easier to handle if I damaged it. Maybe its the smaller size making it more versatile to use. Not sure really. Then again when I want to take a picture during the week, I find myself wishing I had my V20 on hand.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy it but I think the Moto Z Force is a step in the right direction... I didn't buy it because.. that fingerprint scanner though.... put it on the back or make it a button... srsly.

I just bought the LG V20 waiting on it to get to my place... I've had my Moto X pure and I'm just tired of it.....

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Ok I'll be the one to give it some love.... I vote the Iphone 7 plus only because I really like how Apple does Google. After the Note 7 fiasco, which was my favorite phone until it died a horrible death, I learned that I am not so much a Android OS fan as I am a Google ecosystem fan. With all that being said... I love the snappiness and zero lag of the iPhone along with the amazing camera.
I'm ready for you guys to throw me out the door..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok I'll be the one to give it some love.... I vote the Iphone 7 plus only because I really like how Apple does Google. After the Note 7 fiasco, which was my favorite phone until it died a horrible death, I learned that I am not so much a Android OS fan as I am a Google ecosystem fan. With all that being said... I love the snappiness and zero lag of the iPhone along with the amazing camera.
I'm ready for you guys to throw me out the door..

zuQOWV2.gif

J/K, I hope google brings it next year and make a device that makes even hardcore apple fans want to jump on board.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
How about none of the above?
The Nexus 6P still rocks. None of these listed are compelling enough to upgrade from a phone bought last year.
The iPhone 7 isn't enough to get 6s people to upgrade.
The Pixel XL isn't enough to get 6P people to move. I know people still buying the 6P since the price for the Pixel is crazy.

This... My M8 is working just great with a BYOP plan and I just don't see anything that is exciting enough or that can provide me anymore functionality than with what I have now that can justify dropping 400-800 bucks on a phone.

So I will just wait until this phone meets it's death and see what is available at that time. But I can say this. I will never ever buy another phone from Verizon.