Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Where are you all finding these things? My local Verizon store says they are all sold out within a 100 mile radius, none left in warehouse, and production has ceased. Apparently, from what I have been told, the Bionic is indeed out of production and so are all of the accessories.

Don't listen to your local VZW store. Mine told me there were none within 100 miles.

I found one 5 mins down the road at another VZW store. Call around and specifically ask for the "Bionic Lap Dock" and make sure you emphasize 'Bionic'.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to your local VZW store. Mine told me there were none within 100 miles.

I found one 5 mins down the road at another VZW store. Call around and specifically ask for the "Bionic Lap Dock" and make sure you emphasize 'Bionic'.

I agree. The local Verizon store sucks. I ended up driving 50 miles to a better one and the guy got on the phone and hunted one down.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
The extension cables is a solid idea. Now I just need a way to modify the dock to mount the phone to it so it's not wobbling around and crap. Hrm, velco maybe? No no, I can do this in a more professional way.

Also, anyone else on the ICS leak? If so, what browsers have you guys tried while in Webtop 3.0? I tried the stock browser for a bit, but it screws up text boxes and starts to lag out after awhile. Had better luck with Opera Mobile, but I want to find the most streamlined, easy to use interface. Preferably something designed for full desktop browsing.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
I located one near me and they won't honor the $50 price advertised online. They say they don't have to honor online pricing even if it is Verizon Wireless and they are a Verizon Wireless store. They are selling it for $199. Non-negotiable. That sux.

Note: They have the 100 not this one they said. Apparently there are 3 versions of this: this one (1st generation), the 100, and the 500. Customer service explained that to me and even called the store to verify what they had. They had the 100 and 500 not this one. So again, that sux.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I located one near me and they won't honor the $50 price advertised online. They say they don't have to honor online pricing even if it is Verizon Wireless and they are a Verizon Wireless store. They are selling it for $199. Non-negotiable. That sux.

Call *611 and get customer service. Explain how you know for a fact that it is the same price in store. (Providing this is a Verizon store and not a third party vendor) Tell them the store refuses to honor the price, if she doesn't help you, ask for a supervisor. She should approve it, and ask her to call that store, giving the store your name and number and ask the VZW rep to have them hold it for you.

Faintestidea

Reaction score
So what exactly does this lapdock do? Turn your bionic into a laptop computer, so to say?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what exactly does this lapdock do? Turn your bionic into a laptop computer, so to say?

Yeah, pretty much, although you have the option of both 4G or WiFi. If you have a laptop, then this isn't needed. I got the Bionic lapdock when it was on sale for $50 and it's kinda cool. You have a 10" screen, keyboard and track pad. There are two USB ports in the back to connect a mouse and a thumb drive. There is a battery which'll run it for about 5 hours and will also charge the phone.

This is an early review so the price they quote is the original price.
[video=youtube;PvfseZLtN50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfseZLtN50[/video]

RandySr

Reaction score
More or less, yes. And it charges your Bionic while docked.

brom

Reaction score
I am running stock 232 oc'ed to 1.3 bionic lapdock Skype with USB web cam works!!! My webcam is Microsoft lifecam. I got it to work with ics camera from play store(pic only no video record ). Would not work with stock camera "not supported in this mode"
Fyi.... I tested an older lagitech webcam but it only had sound

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

heavenlyrazr

Reaction score
I've been told many times that my razr will fit the bionic lapdock..but i have to have it upside down in the Dock...first is this true?
Secondly, will it run netflix since my phone runs the app no problem?
Thirdly, is it as good as the moto 100 or 500 or what are the differences as i can't even find the specs for it...can anyone help.

quadtronix

Reaction score
heavenlyrazr said:
I've been told many times that my razr will fit the bionic lapdock..but i have to have it upside down in the Dock...first is this true?
Secondly, will it run netflix since my phone runs the app no problem?
Thirdly, is it as good as the moto 100 or 500 or what are the differences as i can't even find the specs for it...can anyone help.

All I can tell you is that youtube runs fine on it from my Bionic... So I guess netflix should work but cant say 4 sure. As for specs... It is not that powerful but browsing the web with one or two tabs open u get decent performace and it has 2 usb ports. I use an external mouse in one and it works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums