Bionic running slow/glitchy while charging?

JTtheBeard

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been a forum reader for some time now, but this is my first time posting. I just bought my Droid Bionic a few days ago and have noticed that when I have it plugged in to the wall to charge, it runs slow and glitchy. It is most noticeable when I turn the phone screen on and have to do the swipe to unlock the screen. Halfway through the swipe it resets itself... like it's losing track of my finger motion. Once successful after 3-5 tries, it takes me to my passcode unlock screen. Swiping my pattern also takes multiple tries because it resets halfway through my finger gestures.

When it's completely disconnected from the wall outlet, I have zero problems with this. It runs very smooth.

Just wondering if anyone has this issue too or what I should do about it?

Big Ry

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been a forum reader for some time now, but this is my first time posting. I just bought my Droid Bionic a few days ago and have noticed that when I have it plugged in to the wall to charge, it runs slow and glitchy. It is most noticeable when I turn the phone screen on and have to do the swipe to unlock the screen. Halfway through the swipe it resets itself... like it's losing track of my finger motion. Once successful after 3-5 tries, it takes me to my passcode unlock screen. Swiping my pattern also takes multiple tries because it resets halfway through my finger gestures.

When it's completely disconnected from the wall outlet, I have zero problems with this. It runs very smooth.

Sounds just like my 5 D1's and current D2. Guess moto doesn't care enough about their customers to fix this bug in all their phones.

Sorry to say, but youre stuck...unless youre within the return period that is.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
J

JTtheBeard

Reaction score
Yes, sir. I had the Droid 1 before this... it suffered the same issue, but all the time (not just while charging, haha). I just chalked it up to being a slow as balls phone.

I am within return time, but I'm really digging this phone. Is this something that every Bionic user will be living with?

jjmb81

Reaction score
I had the original Droid and x2. I had this problem with both all the time. Along with 100 other problems. I will never own a Motorola again. HTC is great!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

blwn327

Reaction score
My droid2 and this one does the same thing while charging

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the original charging cable? If you are using a third party cable or charger this is a known issue.

hickr01

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

It could be a grounding issue. I too just got my Droid Bionic and am using the included OEM Charger connected to the wall outlet. I found this post while searching for a resolution to the same problem which I was having.

I found this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ch-screen-misbehaves-when-charging-droid.html

if you go to the second page, one responder mentions that it could be a grounding issue, and like another respondant posted, when I removed the silicon sleeve I bought to go with my phone, the problem went away. It seems that just the contact of the metal body with your skin is enough to ground the phone during charging so the touch screen works. Bottom line is that it sounds like the touch screen is very sensitive to the voltage - which could be from the charger itself or from ungrounded electricity.