[ROM] BlackICE toro kangorade 40 (6-30)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. Definitely check out Light Flow in the mean time, it has a lot of options to choose from.

OP
travp624

travp624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I went from build 28 to 36. 28 had the option to. That's the only thing I've noticed 36 missing. If it had that this ROM would be perfect.

Try going to Settings>Display>Pulse Notification light. Theres all kinda settings in there you can play with till you heart is content.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Try going to Settings>Display>Pulse Notification light. Theres all kinda settings in there you can play with till you heart is content.

Looks like memory did not serve me correctly. Although I don't know I would have remembered that location without looking anyway. Thanks for keeping me honest trav :)

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

OP
travp624

travp624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Looks like memory did not serve me correctly. Although I don't know I would have remembered that location without looking anyway. Thanks for keeping me honest trav :)

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

Not quite sure what build it was but I removed the aokp led settings as there wasn't much to them. And replaced with the cm9 led settings much like light flow. Only thing I miss from light flow is the charging led on but I'm sure cm will hopefully get that going lol.

john420m1977

Reaction score
Do you have this for droid razr ics leak i love the way it looks you have do a fantastic job

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
you have another mirror? I'm getting bad downloads again...

I get this all the time, with both Chrome and Stock Browser. Clear cache in the browser you're using, then clear DATA in Download Manager and click on Force Stop. Not sure if clearing cache in your browser is necessary but it doesn't hurt.

xspacemonkey85x

Reaction score
I get this all the time, with both Chrome and Stock Browser. Clear cache in the browser you're using, then clear DATA in Download Manager and click on Force Stop. Not sure if clearing cache in your browser is necessary but it doesn't hurt.

I'm having the problem I did a few posts ago... doesnt matter if i download it via my phone or my laptop... I haven't been able to update from build 36

figured it out... reflashed clockwork and install seems to be going through

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I'm having the problem I did a few posts ago... doesnt matter if i download it via my phone or my laptop... I haven't been able to update from build 36

Well then, lol maybe clearing the download managers data won't solve this one :) I have that issue all the time once I've downloaded approx 100megs of whatever. Gotta always reset or the download will start, I'll wait forever and when it's finally done it just says unsuccessful. I think it's happened ever since I remember having the phone so I don't think it's a ROM issue.

xspacemonkey85x

Reaction score
Well then, lol maybe clearing the download managers data won't solve this one :) I have that issue all the time once I've downloaded approx 100megs of whatever. Gotta always reset or the download will start, I'll wait forever and when it's finally done it just says unsuccessful. I think it's happened ever since I remember having the phone so I don't think it's a ROM issue.

Yea, I've never had that issue. You try sbfing and reloading the rom?

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Yea, I've never had that issue. You try sbfing and reloading the rom?

I haven't done a data wipe in a few BlackICE bulds. Usually can manually sort out any issues quite easily if they arise from not wiping, or from user error lol. I have done a full wipe though before twice between builds and the issue persisted. It's happened to me though even before loading BlackICE and while on 4.0.3 ( not sure about 4.0.2 as never stayed on that build longer than I had to).

I guess the equivalent to a sbf on the Nexus is flashing a stock image using fasboot. Now this I have NOT done in quite some time. When I find the time to back up everything I might try to flash the latest 4.0.4 build from Google and see if it happens there before flashing any custom roms and then report back, but honestly it's so fast to just clear data in download manager I'm not sure it's worth the hassle at this point other to just see if it works and report back in the name of Science. I don't remember if flashing via fastboot wipes the sdcard partition or not. I "think" that it leaves that partition alone if memory serves

Edit: I think I might try to debug the issue first as I'm quite good at that being as I program for a living. See if I can download a lot to maximize it out and get a logcat of what's going on. Also should see if any third party browsers exhibit this behavior since I've only been using Chrome and Stock. Also maybe completely un install and remove all traces of DownloadManager and install a different fresh copy. Any other ideas to troubleshoot? Something is getting corrupted in Download Manager and having a look around in the data files might find useful as well. I'm surprised though that I haven't seen anybody else report this issue.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I can't get the skinned gmail app to install. I downloaded the latest 38.1 rom, stock gapps and inverted BlackICE gapps. Upgrading from 31. The instructions say that if you are upgrading from a previous version to just install the skinned gapps. I did that, and when I rebooted, my Youtube app is completely missing and gmail isn't skinned.

So I went back and installed the stock gapps, rebooted, recovery, installed skinned gapps, rebooted, and the same situation. No youtube and no skinned gmail.

I tried to restore youtube and gmail with TB. Youtube restored successfully, still skinned. Gmail restored still with no skin.

Any advice? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Briankbl

Reaction score
One other problem I'm having. I can't get Google Voice Search to work. It worked on 31 but it doesn't seem to be on my phone anymore. I used to have the long press on the magnifying glass be Voice Search, but it is no longer in the options to choose from.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Same here... Can only pull up Voice Seach if I manually open the app or click on the icon in the persistent search widget (or any other access method, just can't add via long press option for the search soft key, or any soft key for that matter).

Of course we don't have a native search soft key to begin with so it's not an issue to me personally, but I do know many others use this added feature. I'm not sure to what extent TeamICE modifies AOKP so I can't tell you if it's ROM specific or epidemic of all AOKP builds

faust0230

Reaction score
just got my Gn two days ago and have gone through Liquid and AOKP which are both very nice but the look and overall feel of this one is right up my alley. Thanks for all the work this is sick!!DancingNexus