bluetooth connection???

aboardduet

Reaction score
My Droid connection to my mac mini gets "paired' but not "connected". Any help??? Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Droid connection to my mac mini gets "paired' but not "connected". Any help??? Thanks

Yep, that's the best you're going to get out of it. The Mac will not pair and connect with the Droid. You see Apple manufactures this little thing called an iPhone and that will pair perfectly. Your Mac will recognize the fact that the device exists but that's about all it's going to do.

However that doesn't mean you can't do some sync of different things. What are you trying to do?

OP
A

aboardduet

Reaction score
This is my first "smart" phone, so I'm just searching for its capabilities. It's disappointing that Apple would force such "proprietary" conditions on a customer that is already invested in their products. Think someone will come up with an application or has that already been headed off at the pass?

So nice to know that they acknowledge each others' existence....!

Thanks for the bad news.

Dave

G8TR

Reaction score

I get the same problem with my laptop pc. Thought this would connect without any problem. It comes up and gives me a code, says the same on my droid, I tell it to connect and get the "paired but not connected message.

SirSyeco

Reaction score
its my understanding that it only shows as "connected" during a transfer.

That said, it is also only possible to transfer Contacts and Photos via Bluetooth.