Bluetooth

Wingman08

Reaction score
I just got my Droid and I also have a Scala Rider headset for my Bike helmet. I paired both and they connected but when I press the headset button nothing happens . Any ideas?

griz8791

Reaction score
OK, don't freak out. Are you sitting down?

You can't voice dial it through any Bluetooth device. You will have to trigger either the voice search or the voice dial and then speak into the Droid microphone. Then it will place the call, transfer you to a call screen, and it will either automatically route the call to your headset or you can manually send it to the headset with the button in the lower left corner of the screen.

It does take SOME input from Bluetooth devices. For example, the "pause/play," "next" and "previous" buttons on my Motorola S705 do indeed cause the music player to pause and skip forward and back. Ditto for the forward and back buttons on my Motorola S505.

I have heard there may be an OS upgrade for this but I am skeptical because, as I understand it, there is no local voice recognition on the Droid. Anything you speak into it is instead transmitted wirelessly to Google's servers which recognize it and transmit it back to the phone. I am not an engineer but can easily imagine this is why you can't voice dial it over Bluetooth.

floid

Reaction score
Anybody know how to push the address book out so the Bluetooth in my car can pick it up?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Anybody know how to push the address book out so the Bluetooth in my car can pick it up?

There is no way to do this. A lot of bluetooth devices aren't compatible with Droids as far as Bluetooth dialing is concerned. Some people's GPS car units pick up the contacts and such but i don't believe ANY bluetooth headset can do this.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends on your car's BT system. I can't push the entire address book or even individual contacts to my 2008 Nissan Rogue. I've definitely heard of others that have with other cars though.

Twinmom143

Reaction score
Mine was very easy to sync to my Mitsubishi Outlander, so I don't see why it wouldn't. I did have to put the phone in discovery mode and follow directions to pair a phone using my voice commands in my car.

rprice28

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendation or preferences on a bluetooth device for the Droid 1?

Vakharn

Reaction score
The only bluetooth device I use with my droid 1 is a pair of headphones for listening to audiobooks and occasionally music, though I prefer a pair of dedicated wired phones for music. I did however do a lot of research and try a lot of different headphones before settling on them.

The phones I use are the Sennheiser PX210BT. They're quite comfortable for me, and I have a very large head, but I still have to stretch them a bit and they have a large range of adjustment so someone with a smaller head would still find them comfortable I'm sure. The build quality on them is far better than the pair of sony bluetooth headphones I had before them (which broke after a year). They have a metal band with a very durable plastic around it, which seems to flex with the metal very nicely. All the joints for folding them are also quite sturdy.

The sound quality is likewise significantly better than the sonys I used to use. It is in fact better than any other bluetooth headphones I've tried, but it's still far from perfect as is to be expected when the audio is being recompressed for transmission. The biggest issue I have with the audio from them however is not so much one of sound detail, which compared to any other bluetooth device I've used is exceptional, but in the area of high bass where they seem to lack a bit of volume compared to the rest of their sound range. The built in controls work quite well with the standard audio player, Mixzing, Ambling Audiobook Player, and Act One Video Player, though they don't work quite right with the youtube app (which I think is more the app's fault than the headphones). They produce more max volume than you could ever want, and have a broad and finely delineated volume range. They also come with a cord for wired connection, which does improve sound somewhat, but it's hardly a noticeable difference because as I said before their biggest problem is not so much one of clarity as the lack in the high bass range. Either way if you're not an audiophile I'm sure you'll find them quite pleasant to listen to music on.

Their battery life is exceptional. I use them for about 8 hours a day every day, and while I usually recharge them every night I have forgotten in the past and still made it through another 8 hour day without the batteries dieing on me.

The PX210BT model I bought is the baseline model. It's the cheapest because it doesn't have a microphone or noise cancellation. There is a model with noise cancellation (pxc310bt) a model with a microphone (MM400) and a model with both (MM450). Obviously the price goes up with more features. I can't personally speak for the noise cancellation or the microphone but all reviews I've seen have been positive for both features.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the Samsung WEP490 -- cheap, lightweight, and functions well.

Postnsons

Reaction score
I use a jawbone, however I'm thinking of going to a headseat. A lot of it depends on what kind of application you're using it for. The jawbone works well in a noisy situation and does block out external noise to the caller, however I have difficulty getting the volume up loud enough where I can hear it in a semi truck.

Again, it depends how you're going to use it.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Blueant T1 or Q1. I have used a lot of different headsets, and my T1 is great. Very good noise reduction, it reads texts to you when you receive them, and reads contact names to you when you receive a call. I like mine a lot.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendation or preferences on a bluetooth device for the Droid 1?
What type of bluetooth device? Like others, I'd assume headset but "bluetooth device" by itself doesn't mean anything.

Have you looked in the Accessories subforum?

however I have difficulty getting the volume up loud enough where I can hear it in a semi truck.
I've seen a lot of truck drivers recommend the Blue Parrot. Granted, it's huge but they swear by it.