Boot Animations?

xthek1ng

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me in detail how to change the boot animations for a rooted D3? I've never played around with this on a phone before so detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Also, if anyone would like to sit with me to create a custom one, that would be great. Drop me a PM or post in here.

flyinglulz

Reaction score
Rom toolbox has a few to select from.
Not sure how to do it manually.

Teleport Successful

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to system/media and rename your current bootanimation to "bootanimation1.bak. Then drop your new file named "bootanimation.zip" to system/media.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

GreenSnow

Reaction score
just a tip, name each animation according to where it came from,
i.e. i just put the Razr animation on mine i renamed the stock one "D3bootanimation.zip" and then set the moded one to "bootanimation.zip"

just kinda keeps things a little more organized, depending on how many boot screens you will have

OP
X

xthek1ng

Reaction score
I can't find system/media on my phone. When I hook it up to my computer it's there, but it only displays the 'audio' folder.

CubanX

Reaction score
Download a app called BAC or Rom toolbox

Sent from my HTC Glacier that's running CM7

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't find system/media on my phone. When I hook it up to my computer it's there, but it only displays the 'audio' folder.

You'll need a explorer app that is able to view system folders (on your phone). Two of the more popular choices are Root Explorer and Root Browser.