Bootloop and no recovery

Wolfman5101

Reaction score
Hey guys its me again with another droid 2 problem. Well, I tried to intall Epic unleashed 3.0 using clockwork recovery/rom manager and koush's bootsrap. I was going to do the preinst(Why the heck would matt make take down important files if I needed them?). Now my droid either:
A)gets stuck in the (stupid) purple diamond boot screen
B)Gets stuck in the M logo
or C)I press x and power at the same time, it comes up with a small Exclamation mark in a white triangle with a little green android next to it. The first time it did this it booted into recovery, but some1 bumped into me and i pressed reboot...
So how can i fix this?
And how long should i hold X and power, maybe i'm holding them wrong?
I really need help guys, even if this phone isn't that good, I still need it fixed cause I cant get an new one.

mikejoann

Reaction score
Here is your answer

Hey buddy,
Hold power and X at the same time and then after you see the triangle recovery just press the search key (Magnifying glass) on the key board and all of your recovery options will come up. I have saved you my friend...lol Don't worry all is fine.
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you get in to recovery try clearing the data and cache and see if that helps.

tappin and a talkin

Dustin.

Reaction score
When you get in to recovery try clearing the data and cache and see if that helps.

tappin and a talkin

+1 This.

And if that doesn't solve the problem, do a SBF and if it continues to bootloop after the SBF repeat instructions above and you should be good to go!

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Dustin, when I'm in recovery using the above method the only options are reboot, apply update.zip, wipe date and cache. There isn't an option to install from sdcard like in clockwork. Should I rename my sbf file to update.zip in case get a "stuck on M" or bootloop?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Dustin.

Reaction score
Dustin, when I'm in recovery using the above method the only options are reboot, apply update.zip, wipe date and cache. There isn't an option to install from sdcard like in clockwork. Should I rename my sbf file to update.zip in case get a "stuck on M" or bootloop?

No, your in Stock Recovery bro, you need to wipe data/cache from there and reboot your phone to see if you can get the phone to boot up into the Android System.
Like so:
1. Boot into Stock Recovery (Power + X)
2. Once you see the Android with the Exclamation Point hit SEARCH on your keyboard.
3. Wipe Cache
4. Wipe Data
5. Reboot System

Try that, and let me know your results, then I'll proceed to help you get everything setup with Clockwork! :)

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

No, your in Stock Recovery bro, you need to wipe data/cache from there and reboot your phone to see if you can get the phone to boot up into the Android System.
Like so:
1. Boot into Stock Recovery (Power + X)
2. Once you see the Android with the Exclamation Point hit SEARCH on your keyboard.
3. Wipe Cache
4. Wipe Data
5. Reboot System

Try that, and let me know your results, then I'll proceed to help you get everything setup with Clockwork! :)

Yeah it's all good. There's nothing wrong with my phone. I was just asking just in case I ever needed it because I know nothing about SBFing. Luckily I've never had to.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Never rename your SBF file, SBF files should not be renamed and are to be applied Via PC. Not by update.zip unless your using the TBH way to get to .340 then you have the option to rename and install that way.

But with that said, you will have to install that via Clockwork Mod and not Stock Recovery.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hate to answer your question with a question but, need to know what you did/were trying to do first to be able to better help you. :)

i think i bricked my phone as well im stuck at moto logo what shall i do?

DroidForums junkie!!

reyrey2435

Reaction score
try to flash a new rom and got stuck on logo and then went into clockwork mod after battery pull tried flashing an old rom forgot to mount now its stuck on moto logo

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I see. Can you manually get into recovery?

try to flash a new rom and got stuck on logo and then went into clockwork mod after battery pull tried flashing an old rom forgot to mount now its stuck on moto logo

DroidForums junkie!!