Brand of case for your ThunderBolt?

rg0019

Reaction score
Loving my case-mate in white.

I just ordered the case-mate in black and grey. Looks to be a pretty rugged case. I really cant find any bad reviews on it. Looks like only 6 other people have it viewing the poll results. It was 27.99 with a promo code and free shipping.

getDynamicImage.aspx

I'll check back in when I receive it.....

cpjr

Reaction score
Otterbox just put up a "sign up to be notified" page for their new Defender case for the Thunderbolt. Looks great.

htc2-tbolt-20.jpg

Compatibility:
HTC ThunderBolt

Features:
Three layers of protection
Complete interaction of the device's functions
Ratcheting belt clip holster included
Accommodates your phone's kickstand

Material:
Clear protective membrane on touch screen
High-quality polycarbonate shell
Durable silicone skin

Awesome...cant wait to get it in 3 years when it come out :(

Love Otterbox, but they are SLOW on releasing stuff.

JRunner01

Reaction score
So the fact that they just opened up the email link to be notified doesn't mean it should be fairly soon?

You still think it would be that long knowing they updated the web page as such?

jlambeth1

Reaction score
I'll have to say that I love my Seidio case. It just saved my phone last night. I have a screeen protector on it as well. My son was playing a game on my phone and fell down on concrete and used the front of my phone to brace his hand on the concrete. I started coming unglued until I inspected it. The screen protector was dirty and the raised up portion of my case has scratches all over it. The phone itself is still in mint condition. I will swear by Seidio from now on!

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
I think that Otterbox looks really nice, but the "Defender" is pretty heavy-duty and bulky for most people (I prefer the "Commuter"). It also appears to be missing 2 cutouts (the one below the kickstand, and the one above the dual LEDs). I wonder if this will have any effect on functionality of the phone (I'm not positive so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bottom circle has to do with the antenna, and the top 2 tiny holes have to do with a mic). And $50 is pretty steep for a case anyway. As for the Defender's release date, appearing on the website does not necessarily mean it will be as soon as you think (as we all know by now, "coming soon" can be quite vague). It could be a week, or it could still be a month or more. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'll consider the Commuter when Otterbox releases it, but I've been very happy with my Seidio Innocase so far. It has the combination of feel, slimness, and durability that I'm looking for, although it is not as stylish design-wise as some others. The Case Mate above is not bad either, but it wasn't released yet when I bought mine.

iRenegade

Reaction score
I recommend this case here, I own this TPU case and have bought 5 different TPU cases from this seller for other devices.

HTC Thunderbolt Case Gloss BLACK FlexiSkin TPU Cover | eBay

Well, I was one of those "naked" guys-being always super careful with my phones,, but low and behold, leaving work today my TB "flung' out of my chest jacket pocket and bounced on the sidewalk. I guess I wasn't careful enough and the phone slipped. The case is cracked in the lower right corner and scratched on the top right, but everything else is okay and it works fine. So I jumped on this thread and was going to get the body Glove when I saw this link(Thanks 31Third!). I looked at other TPU cases on eBay, but this looks to be one of the thickest of these thin types and non-slip. My only concern is taking it on and off to swap batteries, but for under $7 I'll send for it asap, and shop for a battery friendly case down the line. Keep those reviews coming!

Last edited:

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
The thunderbolt looks so effin sexy naked...that being said..it scares the crap outta me that I'm gonna scratch it or something =\ idk the brand but i just got some black rubberish feeling case from the Verizon store and my Droid X screen protectors work fine...phone looks very classy :D

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sms160

Reaction score
For those that have the cheap snap-on case from Verizon or Amazon.com, is it almost impossible to take off? Or is it just me?

Hojimoto

Reaction score
Awesome...cant wait to get it in 3 years when it come out :(

Love Otterbox, but they are SLOW on releasing stuff.

Agreed. The rep said it would be out in the next month or so. I've been using a cheap gelskin until this one gets released. I also like the naked look, but I hate having a scratched up shell when I can protect it and personalize it a bit more.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No case needed.....

awdwhip

Reaction score
I just ordered a Seidio Innocase Rugged Holster Combo for my Thunderbolt off of the HTC Depot website with a 20% discount coupon code that I googled :p Saved me almost 10 bucks! The coupon code is: co20

Enjoy fellas!

iRenegade

Reaction score
I just ordered a Seidio Innocase Rugged Holster Combo for my Thunderbolt off of the HTC Depot website with a 20% discount coupon code that I googled :p Saved me almost 10 bucks! The coupon code is: co20

Enjoy fellas!

Good looking out! Is this a hard plastic case? I dropped my TB 2x already-once cracking the corner on concrete and I'm thinking this case won't absorb the shock of a similar drop? What do you think? I just got the TPS one from the link posted on this thread, and it will cushion it a bit (price dropped $1 to $5.90+shipping).
FYI, I googled the Innocase Rugged and I see that It's listed as low as $25 delivered.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recommend this case here, I own this TPU case and have bought 5 different TPU cases from this seller for other devices.

HTC Thunderbolt Case Gloss BLACK FlexiSkin TPU Cover | eBay

Well, I was one of those "naked" guys-being always super careful with my phones,, but low and behold, leaving work today my TB "flung' out of my chest jacket pocket and bounced on the sidewalk. I guess I wasn't careful enough and the phone slipped. The case is cracked in the lower right corner and scratched on the top right, but everything else is okay and it works fine. So I jumped on this thread and was going to get the body Glove when I saw this link(Thanks 31Third!). I looked at other TPU cases on eBay, but this looks to be one of the thickest of these thin types and non-slip. My only concern is taking it on and off to swap batteries, but for under $7 I'll send for it asap, and shop for a battery friendly case down the line. Keep those reviews coming!
Last week I was taking my TB out of my shirt pocket and it slipped out of my hand and onto the asphalt driveway. The only damage was the lower right corner of the phone. I was amazed how dinged it got and I had to smooth it out. Unless you're looking for the damage now, I doubt you'd see it. However, for $5.90 with free shipping, this looks like a bargain. I'm guessing I'll have to take it out of the case whenever I put it on the car mount though, unless you know the answer for sure. Thanks for the link to this eBay item. I should have mine next Wednesday.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Last week I was taking my TB out of my shirt pocket
Totally lost you after this because I couldn't stop laughing. Your shirt pocket....really?? :p
Got a pocket protector too?? Haha

sent from somewhere...