Bricked my Droid2 stuck on boot logo Help?

gthotie5

Reaction score
I'm stuck on the "liberty" boot logo when i try to turn on my phone I looked for a way to fix it im new to all this. So if anybody can help me out by making or linking me to a guide on how to Fix my droid2 for dummies i would appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance

INFO:
Squidly Rom
Tried to restore a backup
Rebooted and didnt go past the "liberty" logo
10% battery life
FML
Please help! :(

OP
G

gthotie5

Reaction score
sorry forgot to mention it stayed there for 15 minutes without me touching it the first time.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if it's at least starting up it's not bricked. Could be wrong. Try booting into recovery. If that doesn't work, then you have a problem. But if you can, then you're good. Also try the bootloader if that doesn't work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
G

gthotie5

Reaction score
how do i boot into recovery? I cant get past the boot logo, it stays froze there.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Aren't you rooted and everything? But hold down x, and turn the phone on and keep it held down until you get to the logo for a few seconds and then let go.
I also forgot the D2 has a locked bootloader so never mind what I said about that haha

Do D2's have a different method of booting into recovery? I thought it was hold down x also?

OP
G

gthotie5

Reaction score
wen i pluged it in to my computer it just stayed on boot logo frozen again.
I did the power hold x and a yield sign came up?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
wen i pluged it in to my computer it just stayed on boot logo frozen again.
I did the power hold x and a yield sign came up?

I guess a D2 is different. I assumed since you were rooted it would be the same as a D1 with a custom recovery. But, that's a good sign. You said you tried restoring a backup, any chance you can get a battery from and friend and flash a ROM? I guess if a backup didn't work that might not either but who knows.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Being on my phone I can't provide very much help. But, I would Google it and you should post your problem in the RescueSquad section. They provide a lot of help and seem to able to help you fix almost anything.
You could even PM them if need be.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try booting into stock recovery again, pressing the search button on the keyboard below the x key and it should give you the option to wipe data and cache. Then reboot

OP
G

gthotie5

Reaction score
yeah i wiped data and cache and rebooted but the same thing happened.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, you may need to unroot and everything and start over again.
You can use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770224
I'm on my phone so sorry if the link doesn't work. If you do this, make sure you get the sbf file for your phone, version number, etc. It must match, so again, make sure it's the right one.
From what I can tell, this is what you'll need to do but I'm also not an expert on the D2. So, like I said, I'd ask the RS or someone to make sure first but I'm pretty sure they'll tell you the same.