Buying my wife an OG Droid for her birthday

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
I have a Droid X, I have flashed it / .SBF'd a dozen times. I am buying an OG droid from a friend and I want to .SBF, root and then install the newest stable version of MIUI.

I know I can get the MIUI from MIUI.us, but can someone point me to the .SBF and the current root option?

I may be searching in the wrong places but it seems like everyone has had their OG Droid for so long that no one needs the basics anymore.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't really need to sbf an og Droid...just rooting and installing a custom recovery (easiest way is via rom manager) and wiping everything in recovery (wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, and system)
And as far as I know the easiest way to current root is with the gingerbreak.apk which can be found by searching www.*********** or on xda forums too I believe

chewy74

Reaction score
also, another thing to keep in mind is whether you want a gingerbread rom or a froyo.

since its for your wife and you wont always be with her phone 24/7 to trouble shoot it, that you go witha froyo rom. my wife has a D1 also and I've avoided upgrading her phone to a GB ROM for that very reason. GB causes too many issues with apps being killed, soft/hard boots, phone freezes, lost sms, inability to answer incoming calls...all due to memory issues.

The last thing i need in life is to give the wife anymore reasons to nag at me.

my wifes had UD2.5 since she bought an dI rooted a yr ago.

OP
T

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
Interesting, is there still a MIUI ROM available based on Froyo?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fyi, I'm running the newest gingerbread miui and its basically flawless...they've come a long way

sstidhem

Reaction score
It has come a long way and works very well but if your wife uses the camera a lot, you may want to reconsider. Not sure if everyone has this problem but my camera doesn't work very well at all and actually causes reboots. Just for pain avoidance, I got my wife an iphone. Not trolling -- just saying.