rooting my GF's droid tomorrow....help

ok, so i downoaded rsd lite 4.9 and a sbf file.... i am trying to open up rsd lite but it wont open. I read that the file has to be unzipped or something, but whenever i click on the rsd lite program, it says something to the extent that it cant open it up.....why wont it open? i read on the droid-life.com tutorial on how to root that you have to download rsd lite and then right click on it and run it as admin, but when i right click on it i dont even have that option.......helpppppppp

What operating system?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

And I need to know what sbf file you downloaded.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ok, so i downoaded rsd lite 4.9 and a sbf file.... i am trying to open up rsd lite but it wont open. I read that the file has to be unzipped or something, but whenever i click on the rsd lite program, it says something to the extent that it cant open it up.....why wont it open? i read on the droid-life.com tutorial on how to root that you have to download rsd lite and then right click on it and run it as admin, but when i right click on it i dont even have that option.......helpppppppp

I think you have to download 7-zip or something like that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

What does it say when you double click on RSDLite?

Have you rebooted your computer?

have not rebooted..... it says " windows cant open this file: RSD lite 4.9.rar .
To open this file, windows need to know what program you want to use to open it. ....blah blah blah.. then it asks what do you wan tto do......use the web sservice to find the correct program or select a program from a list of installed programs

I think you have to download 7-zip or something like that.

Yes you need a file unzip program.

Try 7Zip or WinRAR.

He docent need a unzip program right click on the sbf zip file and select extract.

I think he's trying to install rsd lite

He docent need a unzip program right click on the sbf zip file and select extract.

Yes he does. RAR files are not supported by Windows. And its for RSDLite, not the sbf which is a zip file.

ok, downloading winrar now.....than what after that

Install the file inside the rar file.

Back