Camera/Picture Issues? Distorted images.

_Killer_

Reaction score
I've noticed, since installing LM, that my pictures are being distorted.. It's not ALWAYS a problem, but I would say at least 75% percent of the time.

Sometimes it's just little black dots, and others half of the image will be all messed up.. .. .. Here are a couple of shots.. one of just the dots... and the other of a more damaged image.

I did a search and did not see anything on the forum... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Isaiah

Reaction score
I've noticed, since installing LM, that my pictures are being distorted.. It's not ALWAYS a problem, but I would say at least 75% percent of the time.

Sometimes it's just little black dots, and others half of the image will be all messed up.. .. .. Here are a couple of shots.. one of just the dots... and the other of a more damaged image.

I did a search and did not see anything on the forum... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ive never had the dots, but Ive definitely experienced the half-of-the-picture-missing thing (usually happens at night/in the dark)

besides that anything past about 1.5 feet away makes me think my droid's camera needs glasses (I.E. blurry)... soo lemme know if you find anything

RoyR80

Reaction score

NOT trying to be an smart-arse, but is the lens spotless? with such small camera lesses and being uncovered(no cap) this means a little bit on pocket fuzz or finger oil can "add" imagery. :-/

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
RoyR80-no, i use my lens cloth (for my glasses) to clean the lens of the camera constantly...

ilikemonkeygreen-no i don't believe there is any.. the phone is fairly new.. and what i know from photography.. dust wouldn't cause weird black "digital/pixel" spots.. you would just see fuzzy smudgy spots...

-my terminology is amazing btw... lol

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
ugh.. this is getting super annoying.. it seems to be happening more and more now..

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
So i've google searched for hours on end....

only thing i'm coming up with is some autofocus fix that was issued back in nov.-dec 2009... wonder if my phone came preinstalled with this ota update/fix since i just bought it in june (or july.. don't remember now)....... BUT if that's the case in rooting my phone wouldn't i LOSE that update??

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
One other thing i'm noticing is.. It's not when the image is captured that there is distortion.. it's more after it is saved..

when the image is captured and "flashes" for a few seconds on the screen everything appears fine.. BUT once the image is saved and shows in the top right corner (gallery shortcut i guess) that's when i notice the image is distorted...

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
I've never had this problem. Is this with the stock camera? I only ask, viz I never use the stock camera. I use camera zoom fx because I Luke the 6x zoom and the many filters.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
I've never had this problem. Is this with the stock camera? I only ask, viz I never use the stock camera. I use camera zoom fx because I Luke the 6x zoom and the many filters.

Doesn't matter if it's stock, camer fx, or any other camera software.. same results...

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
Lol, as of today I am now getting Force close error every time i try to launch the camera.. no matter which app i try to use, or if i go to apps list or use camera button on the side of the phone.

this is nice.. anyone ever heard of this??

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
Well, now that you're having this problem, sound like it's not what I was going to suggest. Was wondering if maybe it had been caused by the gallery app. But now it sound like your camera might definitely be there culprit. Huh...

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
Well, now that you're having this problem, sound like it's not what I was going to suggest. Was wondering if maybe it had been caused by the gallery app. But now it sound like your camera might definitely be there culprit. Huh...

Lets say it was the Gallery app... what could i do to fix that??? rebooted phone and FC stopped happening when i tried to launch camera so...

the phone itself is acting pretty weird though in general.. i haven't changed anything in at least a week or more... and it was running fine then BAM just started acting weird.