Can I get a few things cleared up?

NickZee10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been using Liberty v2.0.1 for about a month and half now and I love it. Been busy with work and finally found my way back to these forums and have a few questions..

So I noticed that there is a Liberty v08 or v09 now? What happened to v2.0.1?

I'm assuming the 08 version is Gingerbread. So has Gingerbread been released on the Droid 2? Will I have to SBF back to Froyo and do the stock update and then re-install Liberty and all that? I have SBF'd before and I'm assuming my Titanium Backup will keep everything I have - but I'm just a little worried that I will lose that data when I SBF since it has been a while since I have done that.

Any other insight is always appreciated.

I apologize for the noobish questions - still a little new to this scene and just wanted to get a few questions cleared.

Thanks -

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been using Liberty v2.0.1 for about a month and half now and I love it. Been busy with work and finally found my way back to these forums and have a few questions..

So I noticed that there is a Liberty v08 or v09 now? What happened to v2.0.1?

I'm assuming the 08 version is Gingerbread. So has Gingerbread been released on the Droid 2? Will I have to SBF back to Froyo and do the stock update and then re-install Liberty and all that? I have SBF'd before and I'm assuming my Titanium Backup will keep everything I have - but I'm just a little worried that I will lose that data when I SBF since it has been a while since I have done that.

Any other insight is always appreciated.

I apologize for the noobish questions - still a little new to this scene and just wanted to get a few questions cleared.

Thanks -

Yes the v.0(x) versions of Liberty are GB based. They felt it necessary to charge people for the latest beta build, but you can get the previous builds for free.

You won't lose much when you SBF if you have recent backups.

Not sure about the Droid 2 build, but the CM7 port for the DX is AOSP, free, and runs fairly well. It would be worth your while to see how CM7 for the Droid 2 is shaping up.

-Mike

OP
N

NickZee10

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the answers guys - much appreciated.

John Gi

Reaction score
I really felt like I just donated?
You don't have to pay for anything , you can wait until nd get it for free once its out of beta....

To the op:
You'll love it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums