can i go back to a froyo rom without sbf'ing?!

Insidious

Reaction score
So I flashed cyanogenmod but I've noticed that I can't add accounts so I can't acces the market and I don't have rom manager premium to receive the ETA nightlies. Can I go into CWmod and flash HeXen without SBF'ing?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to download and flash the Gapps for the market.

CM74DX

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The paid version of Rom Manager lets you grab roms and updates OTA. You can always manually grab them and then use RM to install them.

You should be able to install any rom made for your device without having to SBF back to stock. Wipe Cache and Data whenever switching roms or just do backups and hope for some luck. If things don't work out then go for the wipe of cache and data before reinstalling the rom again. As Brad said you just need g'apps to fix your account issue.

Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki scroll way down and find your version.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Okay and when I try to flash via rom manager it fails and says like error can't retrieve or something. I heard that cm7 has its own built in clockworkmod recovery. How can I acces that?

EDIT: figured it out, I untoggled script verification so since cyanogenmod is gingerbread based 2.3.4 I can go back to HeXen (2.2) based if I want to?