Can someone pelase post a rom step by step

pyromedic

Reaction score
Im a total android noob, and am excited to try to put the unleashed rom on my phone, but have no idea how to do it. Can someone make, or link me to a step by step. Thanks.

rwking

Reaction score
Are you rooted, friend? If you don't know what that means, then just say no. :)

OP
P

pyromedic

Reaction score
yes i am rooted, debloated etc. just never installed roms.

OP
P

pyromedic

Reaction score
nope, thats where i got lost when i started reading about it.

ducky124

Reaction score
First thing is that you need to make sure that you are rooted and you have fully installed CWM-based clockwork recovery. Know how to reboot into and navigate in clockwork recovery. Using your capacitive buttons. Menu=down, Home=up, Back=back, Search=select. If you haven't done all this yet then research this stuff first.

1. Download the rom from the site linked in the original post. The lastest at the moment is UNL3ASH3D_V1.1_UPDATE_FINAL_SIGNED.zip

2. Do not unzip the file. Leave it as it is.

3. copy this file to your external SD Card. Not the internel memory. Put it in the root directory of your sd card which means do not put it in any folder.

4. Not required but I would suggest checking the MD5 hash to verify the file is good. The MD5 hash is shown under the link to download. You can download a free tool for windows that will verify the MD5 hash for you.

5. Reboot into Clockwork recovery CWM-Based Recovery v4.0.1.5.

6. Select "wipe cache partition" scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

7. select "advanced". then select "wipe dalvik cache" scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

8. may have to use back key to navigate to first tier of menus. select "mounts and storage" then select "format /system" then scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

9. may have to use back key to navigate back to first tier of menus. select "install zip from sdcard"

10. select "choose zip from sdcard" select the file you downloaded. agree or select yes for any prompt to proceed.

11. Once the installation is done then select" reboot the system now"

12. The first boot will take a while so don't worry unless you used a corrupted file or something.

OP
P

pyromedic

Reaction score
Thanks, got it worknig 100%. I appreciate the time you spent writing that up.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
First thing is that you need to make sure that you are rooted and you have fully installed CWM-based clockwork recovery. Know how to reboot into and navigate in clockwork recovery. Using your capacitive buttons. Menu=down, Home=up, Back=back, Search=select. If you haven't done all this yet then research this stuff first.

1. Download the rom from the site linked in the original post. The lastest at the moment is UNL3ASH3D_V1.1_UPDATE_FINAL_SIGNED.zip

2. Do not unzip the file. Leave it as it is.

3. copy this file to your external SD Card. Not the internel memory. Put it in the root directory of your sd card which means do not put it in any folder.

4. Not required but I would suggest checking the MD5 hash to verify the file is good. The MD5 hash is shown under the link to download. You can download a free tool for windows that will verify the MD5 hash for you.

5. Reboot into Clockwork recovery CWM-Based Recovery v4.0.1.5.

6. Select "wipe cache partition" scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

7. select "advanced". then select "wipe dalvik cache" scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

8. may have to use back key to navigate to first tier of menus. select "mounts and storage" then select "format /system" then scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

9. may have to use back key to navigate back to first tier of menus. select "install zip from sdcard"

10. select "choose zip from sdcard" select the file you downloaded. agree or select yes for any prompt to proceed.

11. Once the installation is done then select" reboot the system now"

12. The first boot will take a while so don't worry unless you used a corrupted file or something.

Nice work!

BuckyN8

Reaction score
ducky124, thank you for that quick write up! I just rooted my phone and was looking for information on how to install a rom on my device. You explained everything very well! Thanks again!

pastor_rob

Reaction score
I finally got BOOTSTRAPPER to work and just followed your instructions to load THEORY's new ROM ... 1.5BP ... great write up and easy to follow instructions ... so far streaming right along ... nice ROM.

Thanks again!!!

Peace

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry I never got that video up yet...work got crazy. Working on it tomorrow and I'll post it after.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

donelam304

Reaction score
I am definately interested in the video to go from the box to rooted. I came from the OG Droid. And had it rooted and running liquid frozen yogurt and liquid gingerbread. So the out of box to rooted would be awesome. I still have all my apps to do rooting too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums