Cannot Loop Ringtone

selling.computer

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new user to Droid Pro from 8 years with Blackberry. I am very attached to one of the pre loaded Blackberry sounds "Notifier Nymph". I have spent time reading forums of why it may not loop. Right now I can download the midi file and set as ringtone but it only rings once. I went into audacity as one of the forums said and converted from .mid to .mp3 to OGG. Still, only rings once as incoming call comes in. I also used Audacity to loop myself into a 16 second repeat (5 times). Still, only plays once.

I attached the original midi file and my converted ogg. If anyone knows how to fix and can do so, I'd greatly appreciate. My email is [email protected].

Thanks in advance. Never thought I'd get so used to a ringtone so perhaps I just need to move on but figure there might be a fix.

Attachments

• Notifier_Nymph MID and OGG.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 125
OP
S

selling.computer

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new user to Droid Pro from 8 years with Blackberry. I am very attached to one of the pre loaded Blackberry sounds "Notifier Nymph". I have spent time reading forums of why it may not loop. Right now I can download the midi [COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important]file[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and set as ringtone but it only rings once. I went into audacity as one of the forums said and converted from .mid to .mp3 to OGG. Still, only rings once as incoming call comes in. I also used Audacity to loop myself into a 16 second repeat (5 times). Still, only plays once.

I attached the original midi file and my converted ogg. If anyone knows how to fix and can do so, I'd greatly appreciate. My email is [email protected].

Thanks in advance. Never thought I'd get so used to a ringtone so perhaps I just need to move on but figure there might be a fix.

LoriO1225

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I was attached to "Blackberry Orchess" as my bbm notifier, so now I use an mp3 of that as my text notifier on my pro. As far a your ringtone goes how about using your looped recording as an mp3?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
S

selling.computer

Reaction score
Thanks Lori for the note. I actually did go into Audacity and copy the sound 5 times to have a 17 second ring. When I made it the ringtone it still just played the first ring and did not fully play it. Perhaps my problem is in Audacity I made it an OGG file and need to make it an MP3.