Cannot STAND the LauncherPro redraws anymore

lancelot323

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry if this has been posted, I searched and couldn't find anything specific, so...

I'm running Sapph 1.1.1, Invertnito 3.1, and LauncherPro 0.8.1.1. The screen redraws are impossible. If I'm in the browser(either Dolphin or Stock) for more than 30 seconds and exit, the screen is black and comes up in 30 seconds. I just went into my GMail for about 10 secs, deleted a message, and the screen redrew. I went into Messenging for 10 secs, screen redrew. I was in the phone settings tweaking some stuff, redrew. Setting LauncherPro memory settings? Redrew.

It happens 35-40 times a day; it's really getting impossible to deal with. I "froze" Launcher2 in Titanium thinking that would help. Nope.

These are my settings:

Use Homescreen caches: Yes
Homescreen cache type: compressed
Build caches as needed: yes
Clear caches on exit: yes
prevent force closes: yes
3d drawer is on, 5 screens, moderate widgets.

I'd use ADW but you can't customize the dock like you can in LPro...and I need my two docks. Any suggestions?

trumpet444

Reaction score
Oh well, I'm too slow. The fact that we all gave you the same info kinda tells you something

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the redraw fix that has been posted works great.

i've also switched my launcher pro to 'persistent mode' in LP settings. I haven't had any negative side effects from doing this either.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I choose to download minfreemanager from the market and it not only gets rid of all of my redraws, but it also noticeably speeds up my phone. I set it to aggressive and to apply at boot.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I choose to download minfreemanager from the market and it not only gets rid of all of my redraws, but it also noticeably speeds up my phone. I set it to aggressive and to apply at boot.
This is just a placebo effect. I bet you notice that there are constantly apps that are having to be redrawn into the memory after being killed by the system to quickly, such as the browser.

OP
lancelot323

lancelot323

Reaction score
Try this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bug...sonite801.html

Though, adw has the secret dock, which you could access and hide as fast as you would be able to your second dock. Plus an infinite amount of apps can be hidden there :p
I remember doing that when I was running LiMod and it seemed to work. I forgot all about it :) I'll have to download ADW and play around with it...

...i've also switched my launcher pro to 'persistent mode' in LP settings. I haven't had any negative side effects from doing this either.

"Persistent Mode" as in "Keep in Memory"? I'll try that...

ricwhic414

Reaction score
Or you can use SS4.9 with chevy tools app and hide your other launchers. It removes redraws completely. I really hope cvpcs can figure out how to do something similar because it works great its just Im not a huge fan of the rest of the rom.

soundofclocks

Reaction score
So I FINALLY have to break down and ask, what the heck are you guys doing to your phones that causes you to have so many redraws???

I run my Droid at 600 MHz and using Sapphire 1.1.4 with the latest LauncherPro. I may have a redraw about 2 times a week and it takes no more than about 3 seconds when it happens. "Keep in memory" is unchecked and I don't have the hack you all have been suggesting applied. I can easily switch between Facebook, eBuddy, the browser, and YouTube and never have a redraw when returning to LauncherPro.