Can't back-up data into PC

speedbird2

Reaction score
Unlike my old iPhone, in which I just connect a USB cable from phone to PC, the iPhone starts a back-up and sync, when connecting my Android LG G3, no back-up occurs; what am I forgetting?

Android does not backup like that. Some manufactures like Samsung have software (Kies) that will do it. I am not sure if LG does.

Even if LG doesn't, I believe there are third party options available. I'm not sure what any of them are called though.

What exactly do you want to backup & sync? Pics, messages, etc?

And are you looking for a one-way sync? Ie do you just want content created on the phone (pictures you've taken) to sync/backup to the PC, or do you want the PC to sync certain files (music?) to the phone as well?

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Even if LG doesn't, I believe there are third party options available.

There are indeed many options available.

One I have heard great things about is Helium. ClockwordMod has a few useful apps for rooted devices, but you do not need root for Helium. There is a free app and a paid app. I would try the free version to see if you like it and pay for it if you plan to continue to use it.

ClockworkMod Carbon

I forget why, but the app used to be called Carbon but the name was changed.

The app can be found Helium - App Sync and Backup - Android Apps on Google Play

Oh I get the name, I just wasn't sure about why it changed. Witty.

Sorry Speedy. It's not an iPhone. I have heard that Android is coming out with a way of doing that, but I don't know any specifics.

Some time ago a teardown of the Play Store APK indicated that Google had plans to include backing up the system but I haven't heard anything else about it since.

Lg has backup built-in, its not auto, and not direct to pc. Under settings, backup and reset, lg backup

The problem is that it isn't backing up that much. Mostly settings, a list of installed apps and WiFi passwords.

Back