Can't clear cache after I installed the latest update

henryzajac

Reaction score
I installed the latest update on 11/9/13. Now I'm not able to perform the steps to clear the cache. Is anyone else having this same issue?

OP
H

henryzajac

Reaction score
Clearing the cache by following the steps in the attached link.
http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/66428
After the update, I don't receive the reboot options for #3. Now I get a screen that says the device is locked and I get caught in an endless reboot loop. I used this process every week before the update so I'm positive that I'm doing exactly what I was doing prior to the update but now it doesn't work.
Any ideas or help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Henry Zajac
[email protected]

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Something else is up with your phone. I have the update and just checked mine. I was able to clear cache as well as access everything else.

pksopp

Reaction score
Something else is up with your phone. I have the update and just checked mine. I was able to clear cache as well as access everything else.

Same here - no issues clearing cache after the update. I haven't rooted though, if that's relevant.

OP
H

henryzajac

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your responses. I performed a hard reboot (Power button +Right Volume button) After this hard reboot, I'm able to clear the cache just like before the latest update was installed. Again, thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

OP
H

henryzajac

Reaction score
I do it once a week. It doesn't hurt anything and it just seems to keep my phone running smoother.