Can't use music as ringtones after update?

Aynn

Reaction score
My phone just updated two days ago and now I can't set any of my music as either ringtones or alarms. The ones that were already set have stayed, but not even all my ringtones, both for the regular tones and Zedge, are listed as options. Any thoughts about this? Thanks!

VelvetNoir24

Reaction score
Same problem, I downloaded a different player from the stock one and it has the option to set a selected song as ringtone.

chhare

Reaction score
I had not noticed this until reading your post. What other player was downloaded that allowed you to set ringtones?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
There was another thread going on this, and I am pretty sure that it all has to do with the storage location of the music files. I can't remember though, but it seem like the music needs to be on the internal storage.

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

rosariorose9

Reaction score
To the above posters, note that the OP said that Zedge does not work, as well as his songs. I'm currently using a Zedge ringtone with Jelly Bean, and it's working fine. I've also used a song from Winamp, and that worked as well. Try uninstalling and re-installing Zedge, and see if you can get that to work...

avenged61973

Reaction score
Android music player works like the old music app did. You can pick your songs to play as ringtones.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

jaqsyd

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a 'save as ringtone' option in Play Music in JB, as there was in ICS. If there is, I haven't located it. Anyone know if that option still exists?

avenged61973

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a 'save as ringtone' option in Play Music in JB, as there was in ICS. If there is, I haven't located it. Anyone know if that option still exists?

If you want this feature you can download android music player from Google play it's free and let's you select songs for ring tones

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jaqsyd

Reaction score
Thanks Avenged, I'll give it a try. Appreciate the help.