Car Charger for s4

don_813

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering what car charger you guys are using for the s4? I have a bunch of motorola chargers, but after reading that they may damage/ or not be good for the s4, i thought it would be best to buy one that is the most compatible.

I was thinking about getting this one
Amazon.com: Ionic Car Charger DC Adapter for Samsung Galaxy SIV S4 i9500 2013 Model (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon) Smartphone (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

its the only one on amazon with 4.5/5 stars that is made for the s4/note II family.

What do you guys think?

i have the same one, but then i read this topic http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...any-problem-charging-s4-motorola-charger.html
and now i'm a little hesitant to use it.
Like I said I've used the same exact charger and another of the same model on 3 different makes of phones and a tablet. I've had zero issues, but if you don't feel comfortable in using it then that's your choice.

I personally would rather stick with this charger which I find to be of high quality vs a generic brand.

Hey all,

I was wondering what car charger you guys are using for the s4? I have a bunch of motorola chargers, but after reading that they may damage/ or not be good for the s4, i thought it would be best to buy one that is the most compatible.

I was thinking about getting this one
Amazon.com: Ionic Car Charger DC Adapter for Samsung Galaxy SIV S4 i9500 2013 Model (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon) Smartphone (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

its the only one on amazon with 4.5/5 stars that is made for the s4/note II family.

What do you guys think?

Car charger? i have the same taste with you ,in my view ,it's pretty good

I doubt you will see 2.1amp charge. I have not tested the mentioned chargers. I ran a direct wired 12volt outlet to the backseat for my daughter. I pulled the fuse at the battery and placed a multimeter inline measure amperage. I used cheap and expensive chargers and usb data cords withe various Androids phones/tablets. None of the devices was a gs4. There were two gs3's. I saw a momentary spike to . 94amps. Most devices/chargers were below this level. I did not use a dedicated Android charge cable (data +/- shorted).

Anker 24W dual port charger. This is the fastest car charger I have ever used. It puts out 2.4 amps at each port. My s4 is charged in no time even while I'm using it for navigation.

Last edited:
If you look at the Travel ac charger that came with phone-it'll show 2amp.

Back