Case for Droid 1 replacement phone?

bentrm

Reaction score
Anyone find a case that will fit the droid 1 replacement phones? I have an otterbox and of course the face plate doesn't stay in place. It's upsetting. :icon_evil: Just wondered if anyone found a case that stays on. Thanks.

grecho

Reaction score
i had the same problem, unfornately its the otterbox case , the tabs broke when you removed it,,,, however otterbox is a reputable company and honors their 1yr warranty, i shot an email over to them and and engineer replied asking for photos and information,,,, the first shipment was lost in the mail but they 2day fedexed the second and i got a brand new replacement in the original packaging

goodluck!

pointnumberone

Reaction score
I had the same problem... The first case stayed on for about 3 days before it started popping up, and then not staying on at all. I had NOT taken it off myself even once after the Verizon rep installed it on the spot when I bought it. The top tab was still there, but the edge of it was visibly worn down on one side.

Otterbox sent me a replacement right away. (their customer support is truly amazing) The replacement lasted about a week and a half. I had not problems with the top left corner popping up this time... but one day there looked like a small crease on the right side of the phone, right in the middle. The next time I took it out of my pocket, it was a more pronounced crease and bowed out away from the phone ever so slightly. I pressed it back down, and it bowed away immediately. Pressed it down again... and *snap*, the faceplate pulled itself apart.

It seems the replacement droids screens are *just* ever so slightly bigger, so the faceplates no longer fit correctly.

Otterbox immediately offered another replacement, but I opted to go with the refund they had also offered the first time.

...I'm still looking for a new hardcase