Changing Battery Issue

Treat76

Reaction score
I bought a second battery and external battery charger for my Droid, but I've discovered that when I change batteries I have to actually plug the phone in for it to start back up - i.e. if I insert a fully charged battery, the phone won't turn on until I plug it in for a few seconds. Is this normal/by design? Same thing happens any time the battery comes out and it's really irritating - I actually just dropped the phone and the battery popped out, and now my droid won't turn on until I go home and plug it in for a second.

i can take my battery out and put it back with no issues. powers up right away without having to be plugged in

I too bought an extra battery and an external charger and had the same problem only the first time though. I took the charged battery out of the charger and put it in my droid and a message came on the screen saying: Battery good, please connect USB cable. I plugged in the cable and now things work perfectly everytime I plug in a charged battery.

I bought a second battery and external battery charger for my Droid, but I've discovered that when I change batteries I have to actually plug the phone in for it to start back up - i.e. if I insert a fully charged battery, the phone won't turn on until I plug it in for a few seconds. Is this normal/by design? Same thing happens any time the battery comes out and it's really irritating - I actually just dropped the phone and the battery popped out, and now my droid won't turn on until I go home and plug it in for a second.

I've noticed you have to hold the power button down for a second or two for it power up. Perhaps you aren't doing that?

Back