Changing contact

viper912_cd

Reaction score
Hello. I have a samsung Fascinate phone. Until i got t was able to text a couple f my friends but after receving the phone i couldget their text but they couldnt get mine. After comparing all my contactsi noticed that their number was list as (+1-405-xxx-xxxx. the problem was the +1 at the begining. t was causing my sent text not to get to their phone. I would delete their number and re add it but it continues to add the +1. i took it to a Verizon store and he said it was facebook. i deleted facebook and the number and changed to name and added the number and it again change back to the +1. I cant figure out how to delete it. Is there a Cache somewhere tha has that number stored i can delete?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If that will work, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, select All at the top and scroll down until your see contacts storage. Not sure if this will resolve your issue or not but I've never heard of it either so let me know if it DOES.
Btw, welcome to Droid Forums! Enjoy your stay!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hope I'm not getting in the way, but instead of that, just don't use the one at all. I have never had to dial '1' on a cell phone, just the area code and number. Therefore none of my contact have a leading '1'.

good luck

OP
V

viper912_cd

Reaction score
I dont have toether. On those certain numbers the phone is automatically adding the +1 when i go to text them. Its not like that in the contact list though. It onl changes it if i go to contact then to his name then message. If i go to message and then his name it wont add the +1 unless i hi the back button and then go back into that message thread. If i just hit home it wont add the +1 unless i stop the app. its confusing and pisses me of. I constantly have to deete the thread and make a new one everytime i want to text.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just the cache. Your contacts are backed up through Gmail so you won't lose them as long as you remember your login.

Wil this erase all my contact list? or just a cache?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's really weird!

I dont have toether. On those certain numbers the phone is automatically adding the +1 when i go to text them. Its not like that in the contact list though. It onl changes it if i go to contact then to his name then message. If i go to message and then his name it wont add the +1 unless i hi the back button and then go back into that message thread. If i just hit home it wont add the +1 unless i stop the app. its confusing and pisses me of. I constantly have to deete the thread and make a new one everytime i want to text.

OP
V

viper912_cd

Reaction score
how do i ge them back from gmail. right now ia m trying my backup asistant through VW

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No not at all man! The more the merrier!

Hope I'm not getting in the way, but instead of that, just don't use the one at all. I have never had to dial '1' on a cell phone, just the area code and number. Therefore none of my contact have a leading '1'.

good luck

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > Gmail > Sync Now.
Backup Assistant will work too!

how do i ge them back from gmail. right now ia m trying my backup asistant through VW

OP
V

viper912_cd

Reaction score
thanks. i had to export from backup asistant to my gmail while on the computer then add to contacts. thans. Sorry for being such a NOOB

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't apologize man, its no problem at all! This forum exists so we can share knowledge, learn, and help each other out. Best community out there IMHO!! :dancedroid:

thanks. i had to export from backup asistant to my gmail while on the computer then add to contacts. thans. Sorry for being such a NOOB

OP
V

viper912_cd

Reaction score
Well i deleted both contacts and contact storage. I even took the name off all my back up stuff and added him witha dfferent name and it again put a +1 in front of his number when i went to his contact and clicked message. Somewhere on my phone there is something that still has that number listed with a +1.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, I know this is a late reply, but I doubt it's
Somewhere on my phone there is something that still has that number listed with a +1.

Now I don't have the phone you have, but I am thinking that there might be a setting somewhere on your phone that causes the adding of the "+1" to your phone numbers in general instead of just that number. I wish I had better intel for you, but this is all I have:

I have had similar problems related to contacts' phone numbers, and the way I have had to fix them on my A855 was to delete the number and re-enter it without me adding any characters. I.E., just let the system put whatever extra characters where it feels like doing so.

Another thing to try is to log into your gmail account on your computer, then go to your contacts and then there is a "more actions" tab. Using that, select find and delete duplicates. Those might not be the exact instructions, but I hope you get the drift.

good luck

bobreyn1990

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - new here and to the Droid. Have a Fascinate and so far so good. Was a long time Blackberry user. Anyway, I have sent all my contacts to a Gmail account and downloaded them to my phone...however, I have noticed that i cant set up groups as they are not "phone contacts" is there any way to make them all phone contact at once? some sort of global setting?