Clockword Mod is here!

mddx

Reaction score
It is a simple replacement for your stock launcher. It is however very basic. That's what I mean by simple. It was intended to be a substitute for those that did not get the eclair home app with their 2.1 update. So now that most of us are running 2.2 and looking forward to 2.5 there are very few that would have need for it anymore. Also it costs 2.99

WTF ?

ROM Manager/ClockworkMod it an application that you install on a Rooted Android Device. It enables us to BACKUP/RESTORE complete system images of the device (operating system, all programs, all data) ... so .... if we screw our phones up while attempting various hacks we can quickly bring it back to a working state. Once you have rooted your phone you can locate this in the Market.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Youtz,RM is not a launcher. As mddx indicated it is an app the installs roms, themes, and extras on rooted devices. Additionally, it allow one to create and restore a backup of the OS.

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
I did not look at the xda thread. I assumed he was referring to the app I described because he called it an app and he did not ask what is Rom manager and he did not ask what is clockwork mod recovery. If you look in the market and type in clockwork mod you will find the home app I described.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Youtz, when I search the market I found Rom Manager (Premium) Droid X Recovery Boot
Mono, Droid 2 Recovery Boot, Telnet, and Rom Manager. I did not see anything about a launcher. What app are you referencing?

I ask so that should this issue arise again I can help clarify.
Mike

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Youtz, when I search the market I found Rom Manager (Premium) Droid X Recovery Boot
Mono, Droid 2 Recovery Boot, Telnet, and Rom Manager. I did not see anything about a launcher. What app are you referencing?

I ask so that should this issue arise again I can help clarify.
Mike
I should have asked for clarification or maybe I should have read the xda thread provided in the link before answering. Technically clockwork mod is the developer and in fact is not an app. clockwork mod develops the launcher app I described, rom manager and clockwork mod recovery. I am very familiar with rom manager as I have been using it for a long time. I just misunderstood the question.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is interesting. I note that you searched "Clock work mod". When I entered ClockWork the menu offered "ClockWorkMod" which I selected. After seeing your screen shot, I typed clock work mod and received a message "Did you mean: clockwork
and three apps.

See screen shots

Mike

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
This is interesting. I note that you searched "Clock work mod". When I entered ClockWork the menu offered "ClockWorkMod" which I selected. After seeing your screen shot, I typed clock work mod and received a message "Did you mean: clockwork
and three apps.

See screen shots

Mike
Typed in "clockwork mod"

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
and three apps.

See screen shots

Mike
Typed in "clockwork mod"

Yes, I did as well be got different results. I have no clue what's going on.

Thanks for your help.

Mike