CM 6 Battery Life

omgar

Reaction score
I've been using most of the Release Candidates, (Except RC3 because there was problems with the Static IP) for a as long as they've been coming out. Now that we have this stable mod it is just absolutely great. My phone hasn't been running this good for a long time, and neither has my battery life!

It's been going for almost 26 hours now! With Wi-Fi runnng for a good amount of time, listening to music for around 4 hours. Alot of texting, a few calls, (Around thirty minutes worth), and yeah I love this.

Attachments

• CAP2010083012551.jpg
    CAP2010083012551.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 360

ebe3692

Reaction score
yeah Ive noticed a big bump in battery life compared to RC3, been on for 12 hours and still at 70 percent
granted I have light usage, but with RC3 i was usually around 40-50 at this time of day.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Ugh, I wish I saw something like this.

I swear you guys are running 125Mhz with the display off the entire time :p

Glueeater

Reaction score
i pushed 6.5 hours heavy usage (wifi, calls, texts, app installation and uninstallation, backups…) and only went down to 70%.

lol.

Granted I do have data shut off. Going to see how today lasts.

moot

Reaction score
My battery life seems to be worse in comparison to the 26th nightly. I can no longer get through the day without a charge, on medium usage. While previously I would only be at 40% battery life.

mtbhk44

Reaction score
Turning data off - do you still get emails and texts?

caseyc

Reaction score
here is mine with some web surfing, emails, txt, and some calls

Attachments

• batterylife.jpg
    batterylife.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 348

mtbhk44

Reaction score
here is mine with some web surfing, emails, txt, and some calls

That's impressive. My battery life has never been that good. Amazing how this varies from phone to phone

caseyc

Reaction score
i mean it wasnt a hole lot of use but i was surprised at how long it lasted. CM6 def has some good battery life

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I had horrible battery, like barely five hours with medium use. Turns out it was my phone wasn't being charge completely correctly. Got a new charger and recently made it last to 36hrs with medium use. Course, almost half the time was on WiFi, but still like 7 times more the battery and am quite satisfied. :)

speakercode

Reaction score
This took me forever to solve on CM6, but I finally nailed it.

I had horrible battery life, where I'd be down 20% in 15 minutes and completely drain the thing with light use (some internet, very little phone, very little texting, forget about using maps/GPS) in about 5-6 hrs. I'd lose 30% during the night while I slept!

I was originally thinking that I needed to run a slower kernel, so I was doing various 800 kernels and setting it to 800 or even 700 with slower settings for screen off (250/250, 400/250, etc). My home (LP) was constantly lagging, being incredibly slow with no animations set on. Redraws were constant. I did try the code hack for screen redraws with limited results. LP would crash and ADW didn't crash but had some serious lag. This was with p3droid, chevyNo1, and jdlfg's kernels. I figured I'd try some different kernels and the lag was killing me so I said the hell with it, let's just go back to 1000. I grabbed slayher's 1000 and while it was faster, the wifi would not connect, so try something else.

Finally, jdlfg's 1000mHz kernel was the trick. Not only did I have the zip I was missing, but battery life is ASTOUNDING. I don't lose battery during the night (10% tops?) and I can go all day with the same use or more than before, and be down to maybe 60-70%.

Long story short: keep trying different kernels! Some are just way better for battery life than others. It took me a LONG time, but I finally found one that works.

I'm still confused why the battery life is so much better when I'm running at 1000/500 than when I was at 800/500. Any ideas?