CM4DX Question

leftspin

Reaction score
Well my only thinking is how much I jump from rom to rom it would be so much easier to do so, but I agree as soon as I get it and set it up I'd stop jumping around

I want another phone, I'm thinking duel core, I have a pro but there is so little action for it, I wouldn't mind testing for some guys though, I am very intrigued in the development area

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I'm very satisfied with my X but I have an upgrade to use and that Samsung Nexus Prime looks amazing. I'm thinking I'll just wait a little bit after it gets released for the price to go down and for some development to happen so I can root/ROM it worry free

...we did a great job threadjacking here haha

clueless77

Reaction score
We did indeed, I've been waiting for him to let us know how it went

Btw there a 1006 build in rom toolbox if interested

If I'm not mistaken isn't the prime gonna be a dev phone

leftspin

Reaction score
We did indeed, I've been waiting for him to let us know how it went

Btw there a 1006 build in rom toolbox if interested

If I'm not mistaken isn't the prime gonna be a dev phone

augh... I flash Shuji, get everything set up and see that there's a newer version of CM4DX I can get... looks like my third ROM flash in like 12 hours haha

and maybe, I might have just gotten the name wrong, I'm referring to whichever one they were posting on the droidforums homepage with the curved screen and what not

clueless77

Reaction score
No you are probably correct, I know there's two nexus phones that are developer phones as I was reading up on string up an android build environment, but I can't recall the names

And isn't that how it goes the life of a hacker never ends lol, I'm gonna try froyo sbf again shortly

leftspin

Reaction score
No you are probably correct, I know there's two nexus phones that are developer phones as I was reading up on string up an android build environment, but I can't recall the names

And isn't that how it goes the life of a hacker never ends lol, I'm gonna try froyo sbf again shortly

it really doesn't haha. I'm flashing the new CM7 now, good luck with your SBF!

leftspin

Reaction score
and of course liquid just dropped a multi device ROM lol guess i know what i am gonna be doing

I actually tried the new Liquid and I hate to say this but it wasn't very good. I flashed it and set it up last night before bed and plugged it in. I woke up around 9 AM and it was fully charged so I unplugged it and went back to sleep. Got back up at 11 and was down to 70% after just two hours, the camera force closed every time I opened it no matter how many times I ran fix permissions, any time I tried to install an app from the market the market would FC, and it just doesn't have as many features as CM7 or Shuji. It was very fast and smooth, but I'd rather have a functioning ROM at an average speed then a blazing fast ROM that can't do anything.

clueless77

Reaction score
Yes I ran it, and as soon as I saw that it didn't support my circle battery widget with 1% battery increments I pretty much knew I wouldn't be on it long.

How did you like the new CM7 build

Btw the sbf, still a no go

leftspin

Reaction score
Yes I ran it, and as soon as I saw that it didn't support my circle battery widget with 1% battery increments I pretty much knew I wouldn't be on it long.

How did you like the new CM7 build

Btw the sbf, still a no go

that's really weird with the SBF, I've never seen that happen before. With the new CM7 build I keep getting "download failed" from ROM Toolbox and it isn't in ROM Manager so I'm Googling until I find it. I'll definitely be sticking with CM7 though because Shuji was annoying to theme and just didn't have as many features, and the battery life wasn't as good as i remembered. And I'm guaranteed to change my mind about that by the end of the day

EDIT: I love the new CM7. Absolutely the fastest ROM I've ever run, and it's Android version 2.3.7

clueless77

Reaction score
Yes I have noticed with the mobile sensei ROMS that you are pretty much limited to the themes he builds for them

I am trying to download the new CM7 build again and if I can figure out how to use megauploader or something I will give you the link

EDIT: ok scratch last part

Danit, do you know of a way to get 1% increments on CM7?

leftspin

Reaction score
Yes I have noticed with the mobile sensei ROMS that you are pretty much limited to the themes he builds for them

I am trying to download the new CM7 build again and if I can figure out how to use megauploader or something I will give you the link

EDIT: ok scratch last part

Danit, do you know of a way to get 1% increments on CM7?

I don't think you can get 1% battery increments on any GB kernel ROM, they figured out how to do it on 2nd init ROMs but something about the GB kernel broke it. Unfortunately with the release of ICS right around the corner I can't imagine they're working very hard on getting it back either

clueless77

Reaction score
Well I have an app called circle battery wldget that works on shuji and ICX but not on CM7 and I really want to run 2.3.7 that's why I rushed on the new liquid as it is running the same

leftspin

Reaction score
Well I have an app called circle battery wldget that works on shuji and ICX but not on CM7 and I really want to run 2.3.7 that's why I rushed on the new liquid as it is running the same

that is strange then. That makes sense that it wouldn't work on Liquid though because Liquid is CM7 based, so there's probably something about CM7 that it doesn't play nicely with. I know there are some similar apps like Battery Circle and Gauge battery widget, they aren't quite as nice I guess but have you tried them?

clueless77

Reaction score
I have not tried them but I will, I may have to get link from you as its not downloading me either on ROM toolbox