CM7 up on the DROID3!

Darksthour

Reaction score
For those of you waiting for cyanogenmod 7 to release for the d3 it has. I was messing around with rom manager and in the downloads section it had cm7rc3 on it. Had it installed last night before I went to bed and I have to say it's really smooth. I've tried liberty maverick and stock and nothing compares. Plus for my money you just can't beat a stock gingerbread look and feel. Just thought I would share for everyone looking to get it on your phones. No bugs yet that I have come across either.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Darksthour

Darksthour

Reaction score
I will admit though battery life isn't that great. 6 hours of use and im at 50% battery. I also have the extended battery. Gonna let it fully drain and then recharge to see its its just not calibrated.

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Does anyone know where this can be downloaded directly? I do have rom manager so I guess I can use that to download it...

This should work with safestrap also right...since all roms are supposed to work with it...

EDIT: Aww... looks like you can't download in rom manager if you don't have clockwork recovery. I don't really want to wipe out my safestrap recovery.

Last edited:
OP
Darksthour

Darksthour

Reaction score
Yea I have clockwork. However when I download it I didn't use Rom Manager to install it. It saves it on your sd card in a folder and from there I just moved it to the root of my sd card and booted into recovery. I'm sure if you google around the internets there is the .zip floating around somewhere though. Just sharing the news that a working version is out there.

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I didn't realise the version of cyanogenmod in Rom Manager was actually hashcodes alpha version he released on the 16th.... doh

I can't wait for a version with a working camera....otherwise it runs great

Cdjones187

Reaction score
"For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com"

Unless Hashcode desides to stick with CM7 we are gonna lose support on it since he is the ONLY one working on a port for us. The reason I say this is because he is thinking about it... But for good reason, he is now trying to port ICS for the D3 which will take a lot longer (he already has it 'running' on the D3) to get to the same point CM7 is at right now and he says its up to his user base weather or not he keeps coding cm7. There is a poll somewhere on his site or maybe over at XDA to decide which you would rather see, ICS or CM7, go vote! =]

[SELFKANG AOSP ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha Release [UPDATE 11/16 PM] - xda-developers

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Be aware that there are two versions Hashcode has compiled of CM7. One for his "Safe-strap" boot method and one for "Droid3BootStrap" which is used by Rom Manager.

If you use Safe-strap then you need to download directly from Hashcode's site.....and make sure to grab the safe-strap version.

If you use Rom Manager...well it requires Droid3BootStrap (either Koush's or Hashcode's modified version) and the proper version of CM7 is in Rom Manager for that recovery.

Prsterero

Reaction score
I didn't realise the version of cyanogenmod in Rom Manager was actually hashcodes alpha version he released on the 16th.... doh

I can't wait for a version with a working camera....otherwise it runs great

Third party cameras work though

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Third party cameras work though

What camera app are you using? I tried a few I purchased when I had the droid 1 but they didn't work either, so I figured the camera wasn't working at all...

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
What camera app are you using? I tried a few I purchased when I had the droid 1 but they didn't work either, so I figured the camera wasn't working at all...

Any 3rd party camera I've tried has worked.
Camera Illusion
Camera 360
ProCapture
Fast Burst Camera
Silent Camera
Etc.
Try any of those and see if it works out for you. You also have to be on the latest build

Prsterero

Reaction score
Any 3rd party camera I've tried has worked.
Camera Illusion
Camera 360
ProCapture
Fast Burst Camera
Silent Camera
Etc.
Try any of those and see if it works out for you. You also have to be on the latest build

What he said lol. I used camera fx on the latest build. He beat me to it haha

nutpn

Reaction score
dont see it

I dont see it in rom manager,can you upload it and post maybe a link,thanks

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I dont see it in rom manager,can you upload it and post maybe a link,thanks

Read before asking the same question.

"For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com"

Unless Hashcode desides to stick with CM7 we are gonna lose support on it since he is the ONLY one working on a port for us. The reason I say this is because he is thinking about it... But for good reason, he is now trying to port ICS for the D3 which will take a lot longer (he already has it 'running' on the D3) to get to the same point CM7 is at right now and he says its up to his user base weather or not he keeps coding cm7. There is a poll somewhere on his site or maybe over at XDA to decide which you would rather see, ICS or CM7, go vote! =]

[SELFKANG AOSP ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha Release [UPDATE 11/16 PM] - xda-developers