Cm7???

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Its not actually full official yet, its merely in beta with a few bugs, constantly being worked on. There's many many threads linking to it. Its amazing that we're getting it at all really.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the OFFICIAL release of CM7 for Droid 2 can be found? I know it's out, I just can't find it. Thanks.

You can find the most recent release here:

CM4D2 unnoficial nightly links

That's as official as it gets at the moment.

ROM Manager is supposed to start showing CM7 sometime today, hopefully...but it may take another day or more, unclear to me how quickly it will show up there.

It is officially supported CM7 ROM, and has been approved via the CM processes...

OP
m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
OP
m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the OFFICIAL release of CM7 for Droid 2 can be found? I know it's out, I just can't find it. Thanks.

You can find the most recent release here:

CM4D2 unnoficial nightly links

That's as official as it gets at the moment.

ROM Manager is supposed to start showing CM7 sometime today, hopefully...but it may take another day or more, unclear to me how quickly it will show up there.

It is officially supported CM7 ROM, and has been approved via the CM processes...

How are the bugs? Minor? I'm on GB and I don't wanna go through the whole sbf process and then re-root and then my camera not work or something. Thanks for helping.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Camera works, I haven't done a quality compare to Blur camera, I do know that the CM camera doesn't do wide-screen or panorama like the Blur camera.

You have to plug/unplug/plug USB to mount or charge via USB.

Dictionary doesn't appear when using physical keyboard.

Alt Lock isn't working, but Alt key twice in a row locks so not really an issue.

Notification lights might be an issue, but I haven't played w/that yet...

There aren't any BIG functional issues at this point...

OP
m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Camera works, I haven't done a quality compare to Blur camera, I do know that the CM camera doesn't do wide-screen or panorama like the Blur camera.

Alt Lock isn't working, but Alt key twice in a row locks so not really an issue.

OK thanks a lot! So, I just sbf to froyo, root, bootstrap, wipe, mount, and flash like any other rom right? Then flash the gapps through clockwork without wipe. Am I right?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

OK thanks a lot! So, I just sbf to froyo, root, bootstrap, wipe, mount, and flash like any other rom right? Then flash the gapps through clockwork without wipe. Am I right?

Correct...also format /System in CW Recovery before installing. And don't reinstall/use Bootstrap after installing CM.

Gaaps are here if youwant to put them on your SD card and flash from CWRecovery right after flashing CM7.

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Last edited:

havens1515

Reaction score

Yes, or you can get gapps through ROM Manager which comes with the ROM

OP
m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

Yes, or you can get gapps through ROM Manager which comes with the ROM

Ok thanks. Down the rabbit hole I go.

OP
m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Holy crap this rom is amazing. Now I see what all the Droid 1 guys have been raving about. Unfortunately, I can't get Tina Turner's "Simply The Best" out of my head.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod7!

bwhite757

Reaction score
Holy crap this rom is amazing. Now I see what all the Droid 1 guys have been raving about. Unfortunately, I can't get Tina Turner's "Simply The Best" out of my head.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod7!

Yeah my wife has my OG Droid and has been running CM7 for quite some time now, to the point where I almost switched our phones just b/c of it. I just can't give up my keyboard on the D2 though, but its still fun to have the to have the OG around to play with all the goodies you get with an unlocked bootloader. Still very happy we have a good solid CM7 build for our D2's now though...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk