coming to fascinate from D1

hoppermi

Reaction score
im in the same boat. switched from D1 to Fascinate, and i was also leery about the Fascinate after i got it. It took a while for me to figure out the rooting process and roming process, cuz as you know, its much more in depth than the D1. im currently running a customized DL30 ROM and i love it! Got one question for the ppl running The EB01...whats the difference? is It worth switching to that?

Alot less buggy. Plus EB01 has an updated modem(radio) file. Whichever ROM you are running, there is probably a EB01 variant. I would say yes, worth updating, but if your happy with what you have then why mess with it:)

SonRK

Reaction score
I came from my rooted CyanogenMod D1 to the Fascinate

Got it to keep me entertained until the new LTE devices come out later this year (and when my upgrade is ready)

Running SuperClean 2.2 and thoroughly enjoying it, noLED takes up a lot of my battery life though :|

collinjm01

Reaction score
im in the same boat. switched from D1 to Fascinate, and i was also leery about the Fascinate after i got it. It took a while for me to figure out the rooting process and roming process, cuz as you know, its much more in depth than the D1. im currently running a customized DL30 ROM and i love it! Got one question for the ppl running The EB01...whats the difference? is It worth switching to that?

Alot less buggy. Plus EB01 has an updated modem(radio) file. Whichever ROM you are running, there is probably a EB01 variant. I would say yes, worth updating, but if your happy with what you have then why mess with it:)

I wanna switch, I saw that someone made an odin update, so all i have to do is get the update.zip and the .tar file and odin it. Done?

hoppermi

Reaction score

I wanna switch, I saw that someone made an odin update, so all i have to do is get the update.zip and the .tar file and odin it. Done?

You have to odin the modem .tar but the rom and kernel .zips can be installed via recovery. Check out this thread and pick up whatever you don't have up to date.http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...work-voodoo-stock-custom-rom-battery-etc.html

collinjm01

Reaction score

You have to odin the modem .tar but the rom and kernel .zips can be installed via recovery. Check out this thread and pick up whatever you don't have up to date.http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...work-voodoo-stock-custom-rom-battery-etc.html

this is what i was reading. i think this is the rom,kernel and radio all in one...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

hoppermi

Reaction score

this is what i was reading. i think this is the rom,kernel and radio all in one...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

Even easier. I hadn't seen that one. Just odin the package of your choice:)

Sent from my voodoo froyo

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score

wait.. soo.. do i have to root first, or does this root and rom? im confused.. this is a bit different than D1 obviously..

hoppermi

Reaction score

wait.. soo.. do i have to root first, or does this root and rom? im confused.. this is a bit different than D1 obviously..

No. odin doesnt require root. If you flash one of those eb01 odin files, root is included. just follow the directions to a tea and you'll be rooted and froyo'd all in one flash.

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score

No. odin doesnt require root. If you flash one of those eb01 odin files, root is included. just follow the directions to a tea and you'll be rooted and froyo'd all in one flash.

sweet.. now im excited about this. what is the difference between super clean and debloated?? and since i bought my D1 from someone else, my warranty was already voided so i didnt care about rooting.. but does it void the warranty? or does that not matter since i have insurance?

hoppermi

Reaction score
I dunno what the difference is, you'll have to read the original posts for each. Yes rooting voids your warranty. But if you do everything correctly, you should always be able to return to stock. If you have insurance you can always run over it with your car, pay the $90, and get a new one:)

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
haha true! Thankyou very much for all the help (everyone!!)! My phone should be arriving In tthe next few hours! can't wait!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

wil318466

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to the superclean 2.2, I couldn't be happier. Phone is snappy and has froyo. Awesome.

Also, the screen/size/weight/design is just about perfect. I couldnt' be happier with the hardware, and now with the new roms I'm happy with the software.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to see everyone is having luck with their Fascinate's......I agree this is def an awesome phone and with Froyo it just keeps getting better

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
OMG I'm in love with this phone and I didn't even root yettt!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App