Comments on Note 8 Oreo Upgrade

BigNunz6

Reaction score
So with Oreo I lost the ability to have separate sound notifications for different people texting me. Also the edge or border lighting around the screen is now a pretty purple. What happen to the blue color? I'd prefer the blue. The app icons now have frames around them, I have icons "only" set in the settings. Should have just left it alone...

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Got mine on the Note 8 Tuesday and the battery seems a bit better. Wasn't really happy with notification either and the biggest complaint is with Substratum, have to use a desk top application anytime you want to change your theme.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So with Oreo I lost the ability to have separate sound notifications for different people texting me. Also the edge or border lighting around the screen is now a pretty purple. What happen to the blue color? I'd prefer the blue. The app icons now have frames around them, I have icons "only" set in the settings. Should have just left it alone...
Go into settings>display>edge screen. You can customize it there alot!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Go into settings>display>edge screen. You can customize it there alot!

Edge lighting on
Edge lighting always.
No choice for colors unless I'm missing something..

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
My T-Mobile Note 8 still has the ability to have frames or not.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Glad to help! I actually like how customizable it is. You can also download more options also.

I'm going to go on a tapping spree now and look for more things I don't know about, lol.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Glad to help! I actually like how customizable it is. You can also download more options also.

Miller do you happen to know of a way to get rid of these frames or white shadows around the icons?
Here is a screen shot of just a few..

Attachments

• 20180404_134257.jpg
    20180404_134257.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 142

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I think the only way to get rid of the white is to change the icon package BUT if you did not have the white, you will have icons in all different shape and sizes

BigNunz6

Reaction score
I think the only way to get rid of the white is to change the icon package BUT if you did not have the white, you will have icons in all different shape and sizes
Okay. The only reason I ask is before the update there was no white, border or frame. Thanks again.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
i may have misspoken, you may be able to make some changes by going into your settings under wallpaper, then click on icons at the bottom. I have a launcher that controls all of that so I normally don't use samsungs features.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Miller do you happen to know of a way to get rid of these frames or white shadows around the icons?
Here is a screen shot of just a few..
No. Short of using a whole different icon pack. That is how Google set up their icons to keep everything uniform.